Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20
Author Topic: ME7 TUNER WIZARD  (Read 183055 times)
phila_dot

« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2012, 10:12:20 AM »

I don't suggest completely disabling torque limiting. Kinda scary IMO.

Also, I'm not sure what triggers the monitoring functions, but the FR specifically states NOT to change "under monitoring" tables. I believe others have had success with only modifying the MDZUL (iirc) tables.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2012, 11:49:08 AM »

I found the assembly code that is settings this error code, but I wasn't able to find what was calling into it. I will need to take another look tonight and cross reference it with was the FR is saying.

Is the P1335 error code the only one getting set? The assembly code I found setting that code appeared to always be setting another code at the same time as well.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
masterj

« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2012, 12:55:09 PM »

I found the assembly code that is settings this error code, but I wasn't able to find what was calling into it. I will need to take another look tonight and cross reference it with was the FR is saying.

Is the P1335 error code the only one getting set? The assembly code I found setting that code appeared to always be setting another code at the same time as well.

I have only one more code which is set only during cold starts and it is o2 sensor circuit malfunction. But I just delete it and everything is OK, code appears only in cold temperatures during first cold start...

Also I've tried to find which map is specifically setting the code, but it looks like anyone of these can. First I tried only
KFMIZUFIL -> FFs
KFMIZUOF -> 00s
KFMIZUNS -> FFs

That set the code (but much much later than with original tables). Then I added these:
KFMI_UM -> updated to reflect KFMIOP
KFMPNS_UM -> FFs
KFMDZOF_UM -> FFs
KFMPED_UM -> FFS

And BAM - no more torque monitor exceeded errors.

littco

« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2012, 02:01:02 AM »

I just thought Id try out the LDRXN calculator from the values I already have from my bin to compare it too the LDRXN I already have an using the calculator it suggests this,

Which isn't good for the K04! Have I missed something when inputting the values?

Giannis

« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2012, 07:21:38 AM »

for sure. Wink
look again to your kfmirl map
masterj

« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2012, 10:55:48 AM »

I just thought Id try out the LDRXN calculator from the values I already have from my bin to compare it too the LDRXN I already have an using the calculator it suggests this,

Which isn't good for the K04! Have I missed something when inputting the values?

post screenshot of your kfmirl

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2012, 12:24:45 PM »

I don't see a good reason to have LDRXN have ANYTHING to do with your IRL setup.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
masterj

« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2012, 12:29:14 PM »

I don't see a good reason to have LDRXN have ANYTHING to do with your IRL setup.

My calculator creates ldrxn from kfmirl ( resembles kfmirl ). Personally I've always did my tuning with KFMIRL. Everything else just to acompany this map

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2012, 12:30:30 PM »

Not a good idea. LDRXN needs to be tuned to what the turbo/wg is capable of, not what the driver wants, or you're asking for all sorts of problems.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
masterj

« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2012, 12:33:00 PM »

Not a good idea. LDRXN needs to be tuned to what the turbo/wg is capable of, not what the driver wants, or you're asking for all sorts of problems.

You can do this with kfmirl Smiley Only difference is that you're able to tune not only based on rpm but also on requested load. LDRXN is there only to ensure that you not overload your turbo... as in LIMIT over LIMIT.

In ideal situation you'd have to tune properly kfmirl first, but most people leave original kfmirl and just limit everything with ldrxn. That is bad way to do things... My kfmirl adviser gives a starting point to properly set up kfmirl first and then you can use my ldrxn calculator to set up ldrxn
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:41:09 PM by masterj » Logged

Giannis

« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2012, 12:50:36 PM »

the same think i was thinking my self. That's why i said about kfmirl. Regards.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2012, 12:56:40 PM »

for example, IRL is not tuned (stock) to avoid positive deviation... LDRXN is.

ECUx Plot

littco

« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2012, 08:45:54 AM »

Heres a copy of the KFMIRL I used to create that LDRXN.

2 things to note are that I know the axis on the tuner program where the other way round and I put the data in as it is found on the wizzard and not as it's displayed here.

And also I changed the rpm to reflect what was in the xdf and not on the wizzard.

Just noticed as well the max load is 223 on the ldrxn wizzard where as my kfmirl is 222.

The kfmirl is a stock one from an audi tt as created by audi
masterj

« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2012, 10:17:46 AM »

Heres a copy of the KFMIRL I used to create that LDRXN.

2 things to note are that I know the axis on the tuner program where the other way round and I put the data in as it is found on the wizzard and not as it's displayed here.

And also I changed the rpm to reflect what was in the xdf and not on the wizzard.

Just noticed as well the max load is 223 on the ldrxn wizzard where as my kfmirl is 222.

The kfmirl is a stock one from an audi tt as created by audi

So my ldrxn calculator calculated OK, your kfmirl is weird... at low rpm it goes up then down and then goes up again... Normally if you have K03/K04 or other small turbo it should go up to about ~4000RPM and then start to drop

carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2012, 10:52:54 AM »

at low rpm it goes up then down and then goes up again...

This is normal isn't it? Here's my AUQ 1.8t original KFMIRL...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: