Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 8N0906018H - error with me7sum when change KFMI_UM KFMI_UC KFMDZOF_UM  (Read 5840 times)
vvt18

Hi.
In a BAM file 8N0906018H when i make changes in these 3 maps KFMI_UM KFMI_UC KFMDZOF_UM, tunerpro can not save with checksum , me7check can not make checksum - selected bin is not a valid me7.x dump. Only winols make checksum and after this both me7check and tunerpro see it ok, but after wrote in ecu , after few km, i have check engine with error check engine - rom error!
Anybody have some ideea why this happen only for these 3 maps?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 12:22:45 PM by vladvlad » Logged
prj

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 09:36:12 AM »

Because you have an error in function monitoring now.

There is no reason whatsoever to mess with _UM and _UC maps.
Set them to stock.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
vvt18

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 12:14:02 PM »

Thanks prj.
If i tried to modify one of these 3 maps in a stock file , only one value, checksum can not be done. So i think it is something before to write the file in ecu. CHECKSUM can see the wrong function?Huh
The error will appear only start the car with file modified and made checksum only with winols.
I think they works to disabled torque intervention level 2, like zuof and zfil!
I tried right now to modified them in a 032hn and hs file, and the same problem.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 12:32:22 PM by vladvlad » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 04:15:59 PM »

Throw out your file. Start entirely from stock, one map at a time.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vvt18

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 09:32:39 AM »

I tried from stock with 018h and 032hs too.
If i change one value in one of these maps, the checksum not work.
Sincerly, i saw some files with these maps modified and if i check them with me7check or me7sum or tunerproplugin they ar OK.
I went to tried to modified for my car but.....checksum not work.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 12:51:35 PM »

If i change one value in one of these maps, the checksum not work.

Stop modifying those values. If i get a chance, i will address it in me7sum but im not motivated to.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2022, 01:46:38 AM »

Pretty clear this guy is just trying to copy paste some shitty tune from one car to another without having any clue what he is doing.

If you see any tune where these maps are changed then you know 100% whoever did it has no idea about anything.

So we got a guy who hasn't got a clue trying to copy paste something done by someone else without a clue.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 01:48:42 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
adam-

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2022, 02:43:41 AM »

Why are you changing them?
ThomasHH

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2022, 07:39:40 AM »

Everyone who hasn't got a clue changes _UM and _UC maps. At the same time, you guys say: don't change them, but you also don't explain why don't change them Smiley

Is your behavior adequate guys?
adam-

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2022, 07:44:14 AM »

Because you get a failure like the above.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2022, 09:47:09 AM »

Everyone who hasn't got a clue changes _UM and _UC maps. At the same time, you guys say: don't change them, but you also don't explain why don't change them Smiley

Is your behavior adequate guys?

There are 5000+ maps. Do we have to explain why not to change each one, individually?

ECUx Plot

ThomasHH

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2022, 10:34:47 AM »

There are 5000+ maps. Do we have to explain why not to change each one, individually?

Actually not. Only those who are changed by everyone and at the same time are not clear to anyone - like _UM and _UC.

Over the years, you explain 5000+ times that they should not be changed, of course without any willingness to explain.

Then you resent 5000000+ times that everyone is doing the same crap files...
prj

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2022, 11:27:50 AM »

Actually not. Only those who are changed by everyone and at the same time are not clear to anyone - like _UM and _UC.

Over the years, you explain 5000+ times that they should not be changed, of course without any willingness to explain.

Then you resent 5000000+ times that everyone is doing the same crap files...
Actually the answer was exactly right. Why would you explain for every single map why it shouldn't be changed?
The simple answer is because these monitoring functions do not have any effect on engine control.

So why would you change something that does not do anything? Just as with another 1000+ maps.

If you are changing random maps because some other idiot changed them, then you are no better than that idiot.
The correct way to tune is to change one map at a time that you understand, after that log the car and see what is happening, and then based on that make the next decision.
Not go full retard copy paste. Never go full retard...

Also, they are not changed by everyone. They were changed by some idiot and then all the other idiots copy-pasted and this is how this cancer proliferated.
Not one person who knows how to tune EVER changes these maps. If you see a file with these maps changed you know that whoever did the file is a copy-pasting monkey who understands nothing of the ECU.

But hey, don't take my word for it. Read the FR and actually read what they do. As soon as you do that once, you will instantly come to the same conclusion about the smooth brained individuals who modify these.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 11:32:04 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2022, 01:23:13 PM »

The correct way to tune is to change one map at a time that you understand

prj can be a jerk but this is something that everyone should have tattooed on their foreheads.

ECUx Plot

ThomasHH

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2022, 01:24:51 AM »

The simple answer is because these monitoring functions do not have any effect on engine control.
So why would you change something that does not do anything?

They do not have any direct effect on engine control but may have an indirect effect like KFMLDMX monitor HFM/HLM. When you increase the turbo pressure, this monitor map (KFMLDMX) will lead you to a limp mode. (indirect effect)

I guess this monitoring approach applies to other maps like KLMIMAX too. If we rise values in KLMIMAX, it will be caught by KLMIMAX_UM and some action (limp mode) will follow.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: