Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Resistor VS no resistor for boot pin, and getting Galletto 1260 to work  (Read 9025 times)
jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

RESISTOR for boot pin wins! So I had a setup for WIN7 on my laptop. Galletto 1260, wouldn't read. Swapped drivers, scratching my head for like a week right... Try my WIN7 desktop. Both running a virtual machine, not running a virtual machine again swapping drivers for a couple days..Cursing mircosoft for updating my drivers I dig out an old XP laptop, nurse the poor/ tiny little thing back to health (like digging up a casket, and sleeping with it's contents). Get that going, and after trying to get some response from the brick I stick it back in the car. Try to boot mode in the car. It's 10pm, i've got a work light hanging from my hood and the lights shining off the remnants of a broken boot pin. It was cooked. I must have let it arc at some point, or the previous owner or something. Trying to repair it just cooked it further, there wasn't much meat left to it. I tried an alternative boot pin on the back too, just to see if I could salvage it and I'm getting nothing.

And the morals of this story boys and girls is the simplest explanation is usually the right one. Don't drink and remove the cover to an ECU, friends don't let friends flash drunk. Man, what else have I got... OH driver issues, my galletto 1260 would not work on any computer until I went through device manager. On every usb device shown, i went through the drivers they use. As I work my way down the list I've got a separate window open searching windows for the names of the drivers used by all the usb devices. Deleting them one by one <- not uninstalling them from device manager yet, deleting them from the second window i'm using to search. When I got done there was literally wasn't even a usb category. I think I used ftdichip.com's drivers and/or the ones included next to the link do download nefmoto to install the cable. When I got done I let windows search for additional new(or old whichever way you look at it) hardware, and done. My cable does not show up as a usb adapter, it shows up as an ftdi ft8uxx.

Needless to say I'm in the market for a new ecu, anybody selling one?. Does anybody know for sure if I can use a ME7.5 ecu? Or do I need to stick with the 7.1.1's? I don't even think I could jump the boot pin to wherever it's supposed to go. There's nothing left to it at all, but that would be cool to know..

Lost, No.. My minds around here somewhere..
Shh, I'm calling my mom.. "It's 3AM" SHH!
Mom, is there such a thing as kosher pork?
"I'm not bailing you out tonight"...
ddillenger

ME7.1.1 must be used in place of ME7.1.1. I have a 2001 ECU kicking around (4.2). If you need it, and chances are I can fix yours as well. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you my address.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

Hey thanks again for bailing me out on that.. Maybe one of these days I'll catch some sleep, and stop rambling all over your fine establishment here. I had a bright idea that just occurred to me. The clutch vacuum interrupt If I remember right <-and that's a rarity these days went to 39, in the ecu connector. If that were energized, either a bad switch, or pressing the clutch while turning the key while grounding the boot pin think that could have something to do with it? I'm going to go tug on some wires, and see which way we ran it.

ddillenger

There are typically 2 clutch switches, the clutch interlock switch for starting the car, and the secondary switch for disengaging cruise. I've never heard of either causing an issue with bootmode.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

Phew, good so I'm glad just had a few too many and opened the ecu.. Otherwise I'd look like the lower hanging bits of a donkey.  Cool

Note to self: buy a whiteboard. Bouncing idea's off strangers may work, but right now.. You're still just talking to yourself.

Ionut

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 12:55:28 PM »

First try was with resistor. other ones (>20) without.
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 01:43:08 PM »

The resistor just prevent you from damaging the ecu with your shaky hands should you use the wrong pin.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 06:18:13 PM »

Double D saw first hand what happens when I try to solder half in the bag.. Or fully in the half torn bag.. Either way, It aint pretty.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: