Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ECU flashing wonder  (Read 5588 times)
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« on: December 18, 2012, 09:19:29 PM »

Whats up dudes

Been working on my custom tune for quite some time. Pretty much perfected my tune my car runs and drives the way i want . So I m wondering now since I just picked up the same exact car for my wife same year, model, just black mines white. Can I flash my file straight to her car the ECU numbers are exactly the same. Is there going to be a problem or is there some values I have to change please anyone give me some insight.

prj

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 02:38:12 AM »

If the ECU has the same number, you can flash the same file.
Read it out just in case and compare to your original though. Always read and save the original before flashing.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 07:45:15 AM »

awesome now i have a theory
what about the last two letters i know they stand for revisions
Can i flash this onto a car thats 1 year old same ecu number just diffrent ending letters like mine is CG and the other is CF
prj

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 08:39:05 AM »

what about the last two letters i know they stand for revisions
Where does that information come from?
This is not true at all, the last two letters can be a completely different product. Hell, there are ECU's for different engines where only the last letters are different.
Can i flash this onto a car thats 1 year old same ecu number just diffrent ending letters like mine is CG and the other is CF
Maybe. Better be able to recover it in boot mode though.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 08:47:21 AM »

awesome  just trying to clear some wrong information i was given also if a backup of the ecu hex is done and some moron didnt name it right when saving is it possible to determine what ecu it belongs
AARDQ

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 09:07:05 AM »

Yes, open the file in a hex editor.  The ECU to which it belongs will be in plain text in the text area on the right (unless edited).  The files I have all show it in the upper 1/16th or so.  Search for what you think it is.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 01:38:03 AM »

awesome  just trying to clear some wrong information i was given also if a backup of the ecu hex is done and some moron didnt name it right when saving is it possible to determine what ecu it belongs

You did a mad tyte custom tune, and you don't know this?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 09:14:24 AM »

Load the bin in the attached tool.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: