Pages: [1]
Author Topic: N75 Cutting Duty Cycle  (Read 3541 times)
ibizaCUPRA18t

« on: May 29, 2018, 01:39:01 PM »

Car: Ibiza Cupra R - AYP engine 512kb file Stage 1.

Having boost loss issues, basically whats happening is the ECU is cutting off WGDC% 1-2 seconds after reaching full boost. N75F, Forge DV. So its not hardware related. Duty is being cut from 80% to 50% while boosting @ 1bar for a couple seconds and it drops to 0.5bar. No boost leaks, checked all of the system.

Does the motronic system close throttle or cut duty cycle when it senses low fuel support (lambda readings)? Is it possible that my fuel pump is tired and needs replacing, and also FPR etc?

If there was a boost leak, n75 would work 95% all the time. Also its not a map issue, and its definitely not limp mode. Haven't posted logs since people don't like VCDS logs and I've used that unfortunately.. I logged lambda voltages theyre all normal...

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 01:44:20 PM »

Duty is only cut in response to lde.

Log req load and boost.

In fact, your question is kinda pointless without logs, preferably ME7Logger if possible.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
adam-

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 01:24:43 AM »

You won't get the sample rate nor the number of variables you need to figure that out with VCDS.

How do you know it's not a map issue?
ibizaCUPRA18t

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 10:25:08 AM »

You won't get the sample rate nor the number of variables you need to figure that out with VCDS.

How do you know it's not a map issue?

Haven't gotten boost deviation codes at all... and I did a k03s swap, copied KFLDRL and KFLDIMX from a k03s file and adjusted. I will flash in stock file and see what happens. I noticed an almost-cut FPR to manifold hose will replace and test tomorrow.
ibizaCUPRA18t

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 02:47:06 PM »

Duty is only cut in response to lde.

Log req load and boost.

In fact, your question is kinda pointless without logs, preferably ME7Logger if possible.

Hi Nyet, will be trying to get ME7logger to work tomorrow. I have a Vag-com cable not really clear on how to get it to work and which drivers I need. But I will try figure it out.

Update: Found a 10cm split SAI hose. Car would boost to 1 bar then just drop duty cycle. I replaced the hose, went out for a drive, now the car just boosts to 0.6bar and stops there at 50% WGDC. How would fixing a split boost hose make it worse... Load req is about 190%, actual 100-120%. Boost actual and requested are meeting each other though. Not sure whats happening, could be a bad fuel pump, but it doesn't feel like that.

Will be trying to get some good logs tomorrow if I manage to get Me7Logger to work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: