Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: injector lag time for 0280156023?  (Read 16928 times)
doctora90

B6 1.8T BFB

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2022, 07:33:31 AM »

I've tried everything. My logs are shit. Can't figure out these injectors. They are OEM ones 100% but lambda control is crazy. FKKVS Fixer gives nonsence numbers. IDK what to do anymore. Help please. Here is some screenshots and MOD ORI and MapPack and latest LOG with FKKVS all 1s.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 07:35:28 AM by doctora90 » Logged
TeknoFi

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2022, 09:42:01 AM »

These injectors do work quite moderately even with untouched fkkvs. Not perfectly, but you probably have some other problem. However, the fact is, as already mentioned in the thread, that the spray pattern of these is 10 degrees away from the connector, so they should be turned 180 degrees if possible. I didn't do it myself because of mechanical interference and the info is from the time when I used these as a temporary in my AJQ engine.
_nameless

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2022, 11:28:27 AM »

There are many ways to tune dead times. One that I use most is set fkkvs all to 1's and use dead times of injectors that are close, since those saab injectors are really close to normal vag injectors; I would use the dead times from a 180 or 225 as a starting point. Then calculate krkte theoretical value, and flash the car with the starting calibrations that you have made. Then wait for the car to go into a closed loop, start doing some mixed driving, log long term fuel trims and adjust accordingly. Normally I start with the long term fuel trims at idle, if the ecu is adding fuel to idle ltft’s then it is normally a safe assumption (providing your theoretical krkte value is close to target) that you need more injector on  time in tvub between the 12 and 14 volt cells. When tuning tvub you really only need to focus on the 12-14v cells as that's normal system operating voltage.  You will need to make a few edits, and shoot for as close to zero as possible, 2% is a good goal. Krkte more or less would reflect your long term fuel trims at part / full throttle and the same theory applies for adjusting that.  Once you have krkte within 5% you can go back to fkkvs and run through that. This works good for me and is normally my goto method for calculating tvub for injectors with unknown dead times. Also, I have seen less favorable results with more convoluted methods. Just my 2c, do with it what you will.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 11:36:28 AM by _nameless » Logged

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
prj

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2022, 04:27:47 PM »

The thing with using those old shit injectors is that they are very non-linear.
Obviously in this case the deadtime is wrong as well.

But you're gonna end up with massive non-linearity in the midrange.
Same for the 440C EV6 Green Giants.

You could just buy EV14's and have them dialed in quickly.
Instead you buy the cheapest shit possible and then wonder why it's so hard to tune.
They're cheap for a reason. DUH.

Is it possible to get them dialed in right? Absolutely. Is it a pain in the ass? Yes.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: