Pages: [1]
Author Topic: C5 RS6 Fuel Pump Controller Input Signal Modification  (Read 1770 times)
jibberjive

« on: March 17, 2021, 03:09:18 AM »

The C5 RS6 has a fuel pump controller (module J538) that switches the voltage feeding the dual fuel pumps on the fly from 10V to max voltage. The Self Study Programme (SSP) doc states that this switchover point is based off of the, "immediate fuel consumption calculated in the engine control module." (you can see the fuel pump controller related stuff starting on page 26 in the SSP, found HERE.)

Has anyone ever altered the level at which the pump voltage switchover happens? I would assume that the "immediate fuel consumption" variable that is input into the routine that controls the pumps' switchover point is rk_w/rk2_w? I imagine that once all of the checks/routines/etc. are completed, we ultimately end up with a single bit somewhere that determines whether the pumps stay at 10V or are triggered to go full throttle.

Does anybody know the name of that final variable, or the names of the maps that go into deciding what level the switchover happens at?

nubcake had a related issue from when he bypassed the fuel pump controller and it threw some errors in an undefined EKP ("elektrische Kraftstoffpumpe" or "electric fuel pump") routine for not having the controller hooked up. I imagine it's inside this EKP routine where all of the choices are made regarding the threshold for when to switch the pumps to full voltage.

Is anyone familiar with these functions/routines, or does anyone perhaps know any of the key values to modify to change the switchover point behavior?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
prj

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 03:45:34 AM »

You will need to disassemble.
I did this many years ago, but don't remember the details.

The pre-production damos does not have this routine at all.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: