Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: MAF Diameter suggestion?  (Read 47134 times)
jibberjive

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2013, 08:17:00 PM »

Besides thanks for revealing the part#
I don't think the part number is really helpful, as I think these sensors are stock sensors that are re-calibrated. I'm not 100% on that.
Mantis

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2013, 08:41:43 PM »

Hi guys, I have been following along for quite a bit now, just starting to get my feet wet with tuning.  I have a FT21 S4, just switched over to 750cc EV14's, went back to a stock tune with stock airbox to get them dialed in, now I am trying to get my HPX maf inline.  I followed Julex's post and advice, used curveExpert to get myself a decent extrap/interp, massaged the near zero entries.

The issue I am having is getting my idle MAF values to sit down near 5g/s.  I am reading 35-40g/s, I have tried changing the MAF wiring, but the result is the same, unless I reverse the +5v signal/return wires, then I see 5.10g/s but throw a million codes for other sensors.  I must have screwed something up.  Tomorrow I will have a peek and see if I can get it on the straight and narrow.

I should also note that the wiring harness is 100% refurbished, stripped back to the ECU pins, new connectors where needed, ICM delete done back to the ECU as per factory BEL harness, as well harness works great with stock maf and airbox, as well reads steady idle of >5g/s when used with my 90mm lightning housing.

Any advice would be appreciated
lulu2003

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2013, 07:38:40 AM »

I capture this thread as I like to have some comparisons between dyno'ed HP at clutch and air flow at MAF (RS4 sensor and housing).

can you help?

julex

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2013, 08:02:32 AM »

Hi guys, I have been following along for quite a bit now, just starting to get my feet wet with tuning.  I have a FT21 S4, just switched over to 750cc EV14's, went back to a stock tune with stock airbox to get them dialed in, now I am trying to get my HPX maf inline.  I followed Julex's post and advice, used curveExpert to get myself a decent extrap/interp, massaged the near zero entries.

The issue I am having is getting my idle MAF values to sit down near 5g/s.  I am reading 35-40g/s, I have tried changing the MAF wiring, but the result is the same, unless I reverse the +5v signal/return wires, then I see 5.10g/s but throw a million codes for other sensors.  I must have screwed something up.  Tomorrow I will have a peek and see if I can get it on the straight and narrow.

I should also note that the wiring harness is 100% refurbished, stripped back to the ECU pins, new connectors where needed, ICM delete done back to the ECU as per factory BEL harness, as well harness works great with stock maf and airbox, as well reads steady idle of >5g/s when used with my 90mm lightning housing.

Any advice would be appreciated

Post your MLHFM table. Make sure MLOFS is zero.
julex

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2013, 08:04:15 AM »

PMAS guy shared with me their super secret formula for function transfer so now we can have legitimate and accurate 512 point table without a need for interpolation.

I made this simple spreadsheet (AttacheD). It is self explanatory, I hope. You fill in your MAF diameter in mm and your values come out in column "C". Paste into 512 point MLHFM and you're done.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:08:31 AM by julex » Logged
helikai1991

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2017, 04:11:58 AM »

Thank you very much that this is so useful Grin Grin Grin
vwaudiguy

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2017, 09:31:04 AM »

Thank you very much that this is so useful Grin Grin Grin

They have other versions (updated?) of the transfer function up on their site.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: