Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need pointers on how Me7.4.5 works (MAFLess and electronic throttle valve)  (Read 1156 times)
golder6400

Hi everyone,
I have been searching through forums with the goal to tune my peugeot 206 1.6 16V equipped with the Bosch Me7.4.5 for E85 and eventually bigger cams.
I have read the S4 wiki Tuning page and some of the Bosch FR and have a general understand on how Me7 works.
I have damos files for this ECU so finding maps is not a problem to me.

I understand how to calibrate new injectors in order to get it to run on E85 properly

Tuning for upgraded engine components however is where I need some pointers.

The particular thing about this ECU is, it has no MAF from factory. Only a MAP sensor. It also has an electronically controlled throttle valve

I believe the way is works is that the ECU measures MAP and throttle angle value, and through KFMSNWDKVP, returns the air rate of flow through the throttle, and with that determines the engine load. (along with IAT and other corrections of course)

However, if I modify engine components such as exhaust, cams, intake, that would of course affect volumetric effiency, but the MAP value and throttle angle would remain the same.

Intuitively, it would throw off the fueling, since the engine doesn't measure MAF but only calculates it.

I have found maps related to VE such as KFURL, KFPRG, but these maps aren't often talked about and don't seem to have much effect on the final results. However, since mine having no maf is a 'special case', perhaps they have more importance.

Has anyone have any experience tuning with similar setups and would be keen on sharing the methodology and maps to get the fuelling right with little to no fuel trims?

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread !

prj

Stop theorycrafting and:
1) Use the search, I have covered this topic many times
2) Read the Alfa FR. In your case ps_w is directly measured, everything else still applies.

None of what you said is even remotely correct.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
golder6400

Alright then, I haven't been able to find precicely what I was looking for, hence why I created this thread. I'll keep looking, but I'd appreciate if you corrected my incorrect statements so I don't get confused with all the conflicting information I find.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: