Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: naturally aspirated ME7 engines  (Read 13849 times)
RaraK

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 05:53:26 AM »

thanks for your opinions!
N/A engines seem to be a lot more aggressive in their OEM KFZW to gain some HP.
It's obviously a matter of dyno effort to get some handful HP, may be together with a good exhaust and fuel.

a lot more aggressive or a lot more passive? lol.

In the USA i have not seen what i would call even remotely aggressive KFZW.  You can add a lot of timing on these US spec cars.

N/A cars benefit from driveability and more response with tunes, i would say for performance, but rather a sportier refinement.

Like said HP gains are minimal ~20hp give or take a little on 24v vr6 and 4.2 v8

Chipwizard

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 03:03:03 PM »

Does anyone know what I need to change to alter the rpms that the intake manifold changes over (on a ME7.2, in a Boxster-S)? It's had a pair of cams in it and the resonance flap needs opening about 500 rpm later.

I've been looking through the file till my eyes bled but the trouble is I don't actually know what I'm looking for. The valve closes around 3400 rpm and >13% load and then re-opens around 5400 rpm. I've been looking for tables and bytes with values around 85 and 135 (decimal) in them, assuming (perhaps wrongly) that there's a multiple of 40 involved, since most of the rpm based map headers use a 40 rpm multiple.

It could of course be a map with rpm and load as axis, and simple on/off as the variable, I just don't know....

Also, the variocam switch points would be useful too, if anyone knows what that's called?

Thanks in advance for any help guys.
ddillenger

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 03:27:47 PM »

sumode

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Chipwizard

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 04:03:32 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply.
I did read that in the translated fuction-book but the maps, SUMODE0 is set to 1, SUMODE1 is set to 1 .....SUMODE3 is set to 3, which doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

There are maps with 'Sumode' in their description but they appear not to have the characteristics that the engine operates with. The cams switch fully on from very low rpm, once some load is applied and switch back around 5800 rpm, so basically what I am trying to say is that their operation is rather digital, and the maps with Sumode in their description have much variation in their output values, such as you might get with the later, 'variocam-plus' setup.

Cheers

:-)
ddillenger

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 04:13:08 PM »

To be honest I looked into it, but in the end abandoned the project due to hardware differences. I wasn't being curt in my reply, that's about all I had to add.

Wish I could be more help.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Chipwizard

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2013, 04:24:31 PM »

No problem, any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

:-)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: