Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: How can I edit the VIN in an EEPROM dump of an immo3 cluster using a hex editor?  (Read 17126 times)
macxxx

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2016, 01:56:48 AM »

Audi epprom is diffrent , vin in one place - i changed pin , immo id , immo code and vin and cluster works In a car just out of the box , the only thing i had  to do is add keys. But that was a swap into a immo3 car.

In immo2 car  just changed vin in the cluster after normal adaptation and adding keys.
jrelder

Well the VW cluster just works without needing to change the VIN as it's an immo3 cluster in an immo2 car. The only reason I want to change the VIN is just for completeness, in reality this only shows when dumping the EEPROM or when connecting to the cluster through VAGCOM. I could change just the one reference to the VIN in the EEPROM (the unencrypted one) and this would mean in VAGCOM and the readable text from the EEPROM it would show the correct VIN, but I would have thought there should be a way to change the other two encrypted references somehow.
macxxx

change the visible one ad let go , have a beer  Grin

I had a look at a vw 920 epprom - I see only one place with vin and immoID

if you want to make a comparison AUDI/VW i attached two dump here: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=11610.msg97115#msg97115
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 03:05:55 AM by macxxx » Logged
jrelder

haha I probably should, I just assumed that someone would know that was all Tongue you see one visible location, but what about the encrypted area Wink
macxxx

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2016, 03:39:35 AM »

Where is the encrypted area? Could write your cluster part no.
jrelder

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 04:19:57 AM »

Where is the encrypted area? Could write your cluster part no.

Well i'm going by what I have read when I say there is an encrypted area and that there is 3 instances of the VIN. My cluster model is: 3B0 920 847 and I've attached the factory EEPROM dump for it.

Thanks Smiley
jrelder

Okay so I figured I may as well finalise this thread and detail what I ended up doing. So firstly I cannot confirm whether there is in fact encrypted instances of the VIN/IMMO ID/SKC so as mccxxx said I decided to just change what I could see and forget about it.

I changed the three instances of the IMMO ID (these come one after the other in readable format if you have an editor that shows both ascii and hex).
I changed the three instances of the SKC (these come one after the other, straight after the IMMO ID, however they are byte swapped - if the hex shows 0A 15 then in the EEPROM it is written as 15 0A)
I changed the one instance of the VIN (this comes straight after the SKC)

Anyway after checking with VAGCOM the extra field of the 17 - Instruments menu shows the original IMMO ID and VIN of my car. Also the original SKC of my car works successfully as the login to 17 - Instruments.

Hope this may help someone else in need,
James
macxxx

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2016, 06:30:05 AM »

The skc is always a swap byte
f1torrents

Just to stir the pot.  Wink

Why not take a "used cluster" with different immo data.

-Read the stock eeprom from it.
-Put it in your car and adapt it with VCDS.
-Read out the new altered/adapted eeprom.
-open both eeproms in a hex editor and see what areas were changed.

The you will be able to determine is there are indeed more changes/encrypted areas then meets the eye.

jrelder

Just to stir the pot.  Wink

Why not take a "used cluster" with different immo data.

-Read the stock eeprom from it.
-Put it in your car and adapt it with VCDS.
-Read out the new altered/adapted eeprom.
-open both eeproms in a hex editor and see what areas were changed.

The you will be able to determine is there are indeed more changes/encrypted areas then meets the eye.

It's a good idea and I wish I could do that, but the trouble is that my car is IMMO 2 and so I cannot do IMMO 3 cluster adaptation with my car. That's actually what I first tried to do when I got this IMMO 3 cluster as I was following the Rosstech instructions for matching the cluster to the car, then I realised as my car is IMMO 2 it wouldn't perform the matching (channel 50 doesn't exist in the adaptation menu).

Thanks for your suggestion Smiley
macxxx

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2016, 01:12:02 AM »

Error
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: