Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Allroad questions...  (Read 16483 times)
jrtainor

« on: December 24, 2013, 06:19:23 PM »

Ok I realize this is probably covered but I have lurked this forum for about a week and have managed to read the ecu on my bench setup. however when I went to load my stage two file (Cat delete, Sai delete, immo delete) and a warning came up. immo failed to authenticate. Instead of pushing past I did some research and question asking of a buddy and discovered the solution involves boot mode. Now getting into boot mode makes sense but what I do once im there is another story.

Nefmoto software has a bootmode option for flashing can I simply put the ecu in boot mode and flash my file using nefmoto? or do I need another software like galleto?

I would appreciate a dummy proof step by step to follow. Bricking the ecu would suck. I would like to get this done right the first time.
jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 07:29:56 PM »

Power to pin 21 to write the flash chip with nefmoto. or immo off the eeprom..

Lost, No.. My minds around here somewhere..
Shh, I'm calling my mom.. "It's 3AM" SHH!
Mom, is there such a thing as kosher pork?
"I'm not bailing you out tonight"...
jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 07:41:52 PM »

Read the stickied threads under cluster and immobilizer(where you posted this).. Read them twice for dummy proof mode.

Lost, No.. My minds around here somewhere..
Shh, I'm calling my mom.. "It's 3AM" SHH!
Mom, is there such a thing as kosher pork?
"I'm not bailing you out tonight"...
jrtainor

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 09:07:17 PM »

Power to pin 21 to write the flash chip with nefmoto. or immo off the eeprom..

I have power running to pin 21. That allows me to continue flashing the ecu using nefmoto and NOT going into bootmode? Despite the warning I received from nefmoto?

And been reading through the stickied threads and there is a lot of information that makes little to no sense to someone who has never dealt with this stuff before.
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 09:13:34 PM »

You will still need to disable the immobilizer to bench flash, or just if your tune is from a non-immo car, you can bootmode flash it the first time. After that it'll be bench flashable.

All this can be avoided if flashing in car assuming the immobilizer is matched.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
jrtainor

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 09:54:43 PM »

You will still need to disable the immobilizer to bench flash, or just if your tune is from a non-immo car, you can bootmode flash it the first time. After that it'll be bench flashable.

All this can be avoided if flashing in car assuming the immobilizer is matched.

the ecu is the original ecu from the car. I was under the impression flashing from inside the car often failed. Im game to attempt it allows me to avoid this immo drama. Otherwise im under the impression I can load my flash by

1. putting ecu into bootmode
2. flashing using nefmoto in bootmode
3. take ecu out of bootmode
4. the ecu now has my file on it and I no longer have an immo.

ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 10:04:45 PM »

the ecu is the original ecu from the car. I was under the impression flashing from inside the car often failed. Im game to attempt it allows me to avoid this immo drama. Otherwise im under the impression I can load my flash by

1. putting ecu into bootmode
2. flashing using nefmoto in bootmode
3. take ecu out of bootmode
4. the ecu now has my file on it and I no longer have an immo.

4 is correct assuming you flash an M-box or L-box S4 based file. If you flash another allroad or A6 file immobilizer will be retained. As for flashing in the car, it depends. It's a bit flaky, but as long as you don't turn the key off if it fails you can keep trying. It'll go through.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jrtainor

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 10:15:32 PM »

4 is correct assuming you flash an M-box or L-box S4 based file. If you flash another allroad or A6 file immobilizer will be retained. As for flashing in the car, it depends. It's a bit flaky, but as long as you don't turn the key off if it fails you can keep trying. It'll go through.

The file was sent to me as an Immo delete file... im assuming (hate to have to use that word) that it is from an immo free vehicle.

not having an immo would be nice as I need more keys and its uber cheap to replace them without an immo.
jrtainor

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 10:55:01 PM »

exactly what I didn't want to happen has happened. I went into boot mode and the computer say could not open ftdi device. then tried to leave boot mode and no joy. Stuck there.
ddillenger

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 11:04:44 PM »

Just cut power to the ecu, it'll exit bootmode.

That, and nefmoto, despite the setting, doesn't do bootmode.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jrtainor

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2013, 11:10:44 PM »

Just cut power to the ecu, it'll exit bootmode.

That, and nefmoto, despite the setting, doesn't do bootmode.

This explains a lot. So I have to use another program? Galetto seems to be the one people use but I have a ross-tech cable will the two play nicely?
ddillenger

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 11:38:33 PM »

Yes, galletto will work with the cable configured not to boot in intelligent mode, but you will have to modify the serial number in the program in order to match the one contained in your cable. It's all explained in the proper english galletto sticky. If's fairly straightforward.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jrtainor

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2013, 12:34:02 AM »

Yes, galletto will work with the cable configured not to boot in intelligent mode, but you will have to modify the serial number in the program in order to match the one contained in your cable. It's all explained in the proper english galletto sticky. If's fairly straightforward.

ok opened galetto. reprogrammed serial from ross tech (rt000001) into the program using hex editor.

start up galetto while ecu in boot mode and get the following message when I attempt to read the ecu.

Start reading...No interface found
vwmaniac

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 08:41:49 AM »

ok opened galetto. reprogrammed serial from ross tech (rt000001) into the program using hex editor.

start up galetto while ecu in boot mode and get the following message when I attempt to read the ecu.

Start reading...No interface found
just did one of these if its me7.1.1  it needs to have the 0 ohm resistor unsoldered from the back of the ecu board. the you'll have full bootmode abilities. it also does not need to be resoldered.
A6_C5_Allroad

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 04:52:58 PM »

Ok I realize this is probably covered but I have lurked this forum for about a week and have managed to read the ecu on my bench setup. however when I went to load my stage two file (Cat delete, Sai delete, immo delete) and a warning came up. immo failed to authenticate. Instead of pushing past I did some research and question asking of a buddy and discovered the solution involves boot mode. Now getting into boot mode makes sense but what I do once im there is another story.

Nefmoto software has a bootmode option for flashing can I simply put the ecu in boot mode and flash my file using nefmoto? or do I need another software like galleto?

I would appreciate a dummy proof step by step to follow. Bricking the ecu would suck. I would like to get this done right the first time.

Keep in m ind that 2001 Allroad has Immo 3, even though the '01 C5/A6's  have Immo 2.   Before I found this forum and the Immo Off tool, I had to solder off the Immo chip, defeat Immo 3 and solder back on. Not an easy task for someone who's hands shake and eye's blurr in direct relationship to their required ability!!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: