Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Allroad questions...  (Read 16485 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 05:03:33 PM »

All North American 2.7t's are Immo3 (except for 2000, which didn't have immobilizer at all).

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
A6_C5_Allroad

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 12:57:32 AM »

All North American 2.7t's are Immo3 (except for 2000, which didn't have immobilizer at all).

Ddillenger, I respectfully disagree with you in two aspects:

This site contains a fairly comprehensive breakdown of the Audi Year/Immo versions: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer

A) 2000 Audi A6 and possibly other models in the NAR (North America Region) had Immobilzer II. Again, that is a "Model Year 2000".
1999 and before NAR Audi's did not have Immobilizer ( I understand that there are a few exceptions that have to do with import quotas and modifying ROW Audis to NAR, but they are few.     

For example:  I own a 2000 Audi A6, 2.7T and it most certainly has Immo II. I was able to verify this with VCDS.  My build date is 3/2000. When I log into my Immobilizer module ( in cluster) I have a single, 14 digit/character Immo Identity.  This is, without any doubt, an Immo II car. It Rolled off the assembly line in Germany with the very same Immo II Identity that it has today.  My 2000 Audi A6 even has the Immo light on the cluster. I saw it for the first time when I tried to flash a "4B0907551L" file to my ECU. MY car would start, run for 3-4 seconds, and shut down. the Immo light lit up beautifully!!

B) Many 2000 and 2001 NAR Audi's Have Immo II,    ( I did err when I said that it was Immo I )

C) My 2001 Audi Allroad, 2.7T has Immo III, while as I said earlier, many 2001 Audi 2.7T A6's had Immo II   ( I understand that may not be true for the B5/S4 2.7T )

To test for which version of Immobilizer one has. Simply log on VCDS, address 25. If there is a "14 digit/charecter Immo ID"  ( such as " Immo-ID VWZ7Z0W0765897 ), then it is an Immo II.

If address 25 and in the EXTRA field, "You should see BOTH a 14 digit Immobilizer ID number and ALSO a 17 digit VIN number in the Extra fields like this: WVZKB58001H231169 VWZ7Z0W0648696".   This indicates that it has Immo III

ddillenger

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 06:31:59 AM »

You can disagree, but that doesn't change the fact that I am correct Tongue

2000 A6 does not have immobilizer in North America.
2001 A6 is immobilizer 3.

No North American Audi 2.7t had an immobilizer.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
A6_C5_Allroad

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 10:10:53 AM »

You can disagree, but that doesn't change the fact that I am correct Tongue

2000 A6 does not have immobilizer in North America.
2001 A6 is immobilizer 3.

Ddillinger,

Please site the reference that you use to come to such a conclusion.   Do you have one?

After all, there are members and future members of this forum that may need to know accurate information on the subject of Immobilizer, no ?     I guess that I was under the false impression that this site is, in part at least, about the sharing of accurate information in all areas of tuning? 

Your categorical dismissal of my referenced Ross-Tech page and my empirical experience, by stating that you are "correct", regardless of what evidence I post to the contrary and without siting a single reference is not only arrogant, but does NOTHING to advance the stated goal of this website.

I Own a 2000 Audi A6, 2.7T, 6 spd and said vehicle has IMMO II.   Refer to my empirical experience above ( The post that you dismissed out of hand ).

It's curious, Ddlillenger, that you do not remember me. Think and it will come to you!   I've always treated you with respect, regardless of whether, or not, I've agreed with you.   

Please site you reference/s to back up your claim that """2000 A6 does not have immobilizer in North America.
2001 A6 is immobilizer 3."""

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 10:18:46 AM »

Heh. Seems unlike the dd I know Smiley

He's usually nice, and i'm the mean one ..

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
A6_C5_Allroad

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2014, 10:52:56 AM »

Heh. Seems unlike the dd I know Smiley

He's usually nice, and i'm the mean one ..

He may be nice, but he is most definitely wrong and he contradicts himself.   He sites the same Ross Tech Wiki Page that I referenced to back up my statement that 2000 Audi A6's have Immo II, in his post here: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2973.0title=. Shocked

Now follow Ddillingers posted link to the Ross Tech Wiki where it clearly states that "2000 Audi A6's have Immo II" Roll Eyes

I mean it's ok to be wrong. Accept that you are wrong, stand corrected and move on.   But to de disrespectful and not site a single source to back up your incorrect assertion is not what I believe this forum is all about.   Arrogance has its place, but I don't think it's on this forum and certainly not aiding in helping others grow in understanding and knowledge of tuning. The stated goal of this site!

Soap box is now put away!! Cheesy
jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2014, 06:25:16 PM »

I was under the impression they were available as a costly upgrade from the factory, and/or retrofitted afterwards in high crime areas.  I'm sure most of us have been called in to the stealer for updates specifically when DBW was massively introduced to North America. Between split years, interchangeability, and the audience to which these were marketed the statement that there is NO 2000 is 99% correct. There is most definitely that 1% with deep pockets who hear what came out the next year, or on the overseas market at the time and paid to have 1 up over their neighbor.

Lost, No.. My minds around here somewhere..
Shh, I'm calling my mom.. "It's 3AM" SHH!
Mom, is there such a thing as kosher pork?
"I'm not bailing you out tonight"...
f1torrents

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2014, 06:37:23 PM »

What about the BEL engine Allroad? It has immo 3. and its a 2.7t Smiley
ddillenger

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2014, 07:34:36 PM »

That should have read, no 2000 Audi 2.7t has immobilizer.

I'm not discounting you, cars made in 2000 might have immobilizer, but they are 2001 model year. I can show you any 2000 A6 file you want (4B0907551K and 4B0907551L come to mind) and neither have immobilizer. Another telltale sign is the ecu connector.

If you have the bottom connector, you are immobilizer free. If you have the top one, you do have an immobilizer.

I'm sorry if you took that as me being a dick, I truly didn't mean it that way. As for me contradicting myself, I wrote that sticky quite some time ago, and it has been edited a few times. It's possible there are a few mistakes Tongue

Does your car have a Bosch or Hitachi MAF? What is the factory ecu number? Pictures of the door stickers? Vin number? I would love to see an exception! Get me some info!

BUT, this is something I am beyond positive of. I currently own 5 2000's, and have owned countless others. I have flashed A6 files galore, examined them, read eeproms, etc.

For the record, I love being proven wrong. It means I'm still learning Smiley
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:50:59 PM by ddillenger » Logged

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2014, 01:11:54 PM »

I poke bears, but only when there's a teenager needing disposal Right DoubleD?..

Lost, No.. My minds around here somewhere..
Shh, I'm calling my mom.. "It's 3AM" SHH!
Mom, is there such a thing as kosher pork?
"I'm not bailing you out tonight"...
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2014, 01:17:22 PM »

Cmon, where is the kinder gentler DD?!

I was just starting to feel like it would be a good idea to start being nice Sad

I need you as a role model man, don't give up on me now.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2014, 02:20:37 PM »

Shittt, even when I'm NOT being nice I'm just joking around Tongue

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
A6_C5_Allroad

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2014, 04:16:44 PM »

That should have read, no 2000 Audi 2.7t has immobilizer.

I'm not discounting you, cars made in 2000 might have immobilizer, but they are 2001 model year. I can show you any 2000 A6 file you want (4B0907551K and 4B0907551L come to mind) and neither have immobilizer. Another telltale sign is the ecu connector.

If you have the bottom connector, you are immobilizer free. If you have the top one, you do have an immobilizer.

I'm sorry if you took that as me being a dick, I truly didn't mean it that way. As for me contradicting myself, I wrote that sticky quite some time ago, and it has been edited a few times. It's possible there are a few mistakes Tongue

Does your car have a Bosch or Hitachi MAF? What is the factory ecu number? Pictures of the door stickers? Vin number? I would love to see an exception! Get me some info!

BUT, this is something I am beyond positive of. I currently own 5 2000's, and have owned countless others. I have flashed A6 files galore, examined them, read eeproms, etc.

For the record, I love being proven wrong. It means I'm still learning Smiley

I see your point, DD, and I do have the style of connector shown on top ( in your picture ). Now I have to say that I am totally confused.  My A6 is most definitely a 2000 ( built 3/2000 ) and is Titled as such being sold in October of 2000 in San Jose, CA.   But, I guess it could be a 2001 that got "lost in the shuffle"..??
When I  flashed a certain tune using Nefmoto Flasher,  I went to start the car, the "Key" signal on the cluster was flashing, car ran for maybe 3 seconds and died.   I went to flash back my original file, but I got a  "Immobilizer blocking....." error.  So, I disconnected the battery cables, touched + to -, reconnected and was then able to flash back my original file.   I suppose you could say that my ECU was bricked, but I don't know enough on the subject to say for certain.

For the record, I over reacted to your comment.  I should have taken the black eye and left it at that.   Oh well, live and lear, BTW, you know from prior conversations that I much admire and appreciate your work, DD.   I think you know that!!

I'll end with this observation. I HATE IMMO III.....!!!!   There, I said it and now I feel much better!! Cheesy
ddillenger

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2014, 04:24:19 PM »

No worries, I wasn't trying to give you a black eye. Sometimes I reply quickly just to answer a question instead of going into details.

What is your ecu number? Auto or manual? Given that you have the top connector and a 00 build date, It's something to think about.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
A6_C5_Allroad

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2014, 04:25:23 PM »

I just thought of something (  I know, scarey, huh..?? ).  This whole issue of my "2000 A6" may all come down to a clerical error at the DMV, or dealer where car originally was sold.    Since my car shows a build date of 3/2000, wouldn't that make it a 2001 model???    Isn't that the standard; To build a ( pick your year car ) say a 2015 car would be built and even sold in 2014 ( usually around October ).   

So even though my car's title says "Model Year: 2000", couldn't be a 2001?

All I know is that I have a massive headache and could use an ice cold IPA..!!! Grin
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: