Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Immo defeat for a AUDI A3 1.8T 06A906018CK ECU ME3.8.3  (Read 27639 times)
slklite

Hello, guys, I have a friend which has an Audi A3 1.8T from 2000, and he bought it with a cluster problem ...

When I turn the ignition on, the cluster turn on and off, by itself and keep doing it.

When I try to start the car, it starts and turns off immediatly after (immo problem)

I wanted to defeat the immo using the vag tacho or vag commander, but there is a problem with the k-line (short to ground) and I can't use the OBD port.

So I thought I'd defeat the immo on the ECU directly !!!

The thing is the guide I found here is for a ME7.x ECUs, which I thought he had on his car, but when I took it out, I noticed that the pinout wasn't the same, and I started digging to discover that his ECU is ME3.8.3 06A 906 018 CK (0 261 206 515) from 03.08.99

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5068.0title=

I found the pinout here : http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic%3D1191.0

But what I'd like to know guys is if I can use ArgDub's software with this ME 3.8.3 Huh

How do I get to boot mode ?

Where is the ignition pin ?

Do I have to ground a pin to get it to boot mode ?

Has anyone done a immo off on this ECU ?

Can I defeat the immo with vagtacho or vagcommander having the ECU on the bench ? (I know it might be a stupid question because vagtacho communicates with clusters, but there never are stupid questions for someone who wants to learn right ?)

Thank you for your help !!!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 06:29:14 AM by slklite » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 03:05:03 PM »

That ecu has to be desoldered, read, then programmed in a chipreader, and resoldered.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
slklite

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 03:20:45 PM »

Ok, so there is no other way ?

You can read this ECU via obd, but the maps part right ? Not the immo ?
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 03:29:17 PM »

That ecu cannot be read via OBD, Just written with MPPS when the programming pin (43) is powered!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
slklite

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 03:32:32 PM »

All right, thank you for the info.

What can you wirte with mpps ? Immo or maps ?

If maps only can be written with mpps, could you advise me on some programmers ? I've heard about willem programmers, what do you think about these ?

Thank you.
f1torrents

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 04:26:01 PM »

That is a good programmer.
I have one and know many others that have one.
Does a good job and is very reasonably priced.
eliotroyano

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 08:04:04 PM »

The dump in the serial eeprom (24C02) of that ECU can be obtained using Monoscan (available in this forums: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4420.0 ) and a dumb KKL interface. To write it, some M383 Motronic boards can be read/write in circuit others not. First you can try read the 24C02 using an 8 pin clip and an programmer, with ECU powered and main XTAL shorted to avoid processor startup. If not the only option is to desolder it.

To immo off you can find the info here in forums, but I have done some guide from the info collected here. Check it: http://www.mediafire.com/download/azvde84uivxpx05/M383_&_M592_Immo_OFF.doc. Also you try this file ( http://www.mediafire.com/download/geiy3bl3eyux8o2/Skoda_Audi_VW_M383_IMMO_OFF.bin ) with immo off and DTCs cleared. Just burn the 24C02 with it, install in ECU and test in car.

Hope it help you.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:06:36 PM by eliotroyano » Logged
slklite

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 02:42:01 AM »

Hello guys, I'm new to universal programmers. I need to buy along those the adapters for the different eeproms I might use right ?

eliotroyano, you got me confused. The KKL cable allows me to read it directly right (if the board supports it of course) with the monoscan software ?
If not, I could try with the 8 pin clip with the clip software.
And finally, I could also desolder it right ?

If I try with the KKL cable, (there is no boot mode for this ECU right ?), I should only plug it using +12V, ground and k-line right ?

Thank you for the help guys !!!
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 03:11:26 AM »

Monoscan MAY read it, but to write it you must desolder anyway, so I don't waste the time.

As for programmer, I have a GQ4-X with a pomona test clip. I also have a SOIC-8 ZIF socket, but I rarely use it.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
slklite

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 06:17:59 AM »

Hello and thank you for your answer.

What is the difference between the gq4-x and the willem ? It's double the price ...

What are the thing I should consider when bying a programmer ?

Thanks.
eliotroyano

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 06:39:19 AM »

eliotroyano, you got me confused. The KKL cable allows me to read it directly right (if the board supports it of course) with the monoscan software ?
If not, I could try with the 8 pin clip with the clip software.
And finally, I could also desolder it right ?

Monoscan is an option to READ ONLY the eeprom dump without open ECU but it doesn´t allow you to write it. You can read as select Read Eeprom, Start Address 0x0000, Size 256 and Save as. That's it.

The comment about the 8pin clip is that during my tests some boards accepts to be read and/or write using it, but it just a matter of luck, some ones can do it others not. I do not why.

But I agree with DDillinger as you need to write a new dump in 24C02, just desolder, read, modify, write and solder it again, without other procedures. It is the most secure way.

If I try with the KKL cable, (there is no boot mode for this ECU right ?), I should only plug it using +12V, ground and k-line right ?

These ECUs doesn't have a boot mode just as ME7 ones. Applying +12V to ECU pin 43 allow an MPPS programmer to write the whole flash eeprom content. But it doesn't read the serial or flash eeprom just write the 29F200 inside it. That's all.
eliotroyano

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 06:40:26 AM »

Monoscan MAY read it, but to write it you must desolder anyway, so I don't waste the time.
As for programmer, I have a GQ4-X with a pomona test clip. I also have a SOIC-8 ZIF socket, but I rarely use it.

I agree.
eliotroyano

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 06:47:02 AM »

Hello and thank you for your answer.
What is the difference between the gq4-x and the willem ? It's double the price ...
What are the thing I should consider when bying a programmer ?
Thanks.

Both can do the job but if you plan to use it more in future, GQ-4X is a better option. If not, and you will use it just to do a job, a small, 8pin, 24Cxx, usb programmer can do it too, I think.
slklite

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 08:38:05 AM »

Thanks for the input !!!

I plan on using it with other chips too, but the problem is that the GQ-4X is quite expensive ...

Looking at the board, I can see that the chip has already been desoldered ...

Is it possible to put an immo offed file from another ecu and write it in ?

Thank you.
eliotroyano

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 09:03:03 AM »

Thanks for the input !!!
I plan on using it with other chips too, but the problem is that the GQ-4X is quite expensive ...
Looking at the board, I can see that the chip has already been desoldered ...
Is it possible to put an immo offed file from another ecu and write it in ?
Thank you.

The cleanest option is adapt the ECU to cluster. But as you have some K-Line issues, next step is to immo off ECU. Personally I will try to correct K-Line issues it could left you some other troubles in the future, including diagnostic problems.

Ok generally what I have see is that all this M383 ECUs are Immo II and are connected to Immo II or Immo III clusters. From you comments you could have Immo III cluster, then with just with tacho pin and adaptation should solve the problem (all this is ok if you don't communication issues). Remember that cluster should talk to ECU (K-Line from ecu to W-Line in cluster  and then K-Line from cluster go to diagnostic OBD2 port; well at least here is how is connected in my car) that could be generating you communication issues, including immo behaviour you are talking.

About the ECU dump the best option is to immo off the current 018CK serial eeprom dump. Remember that serial dump should match flash in you ECU.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:09:07 AM by eliotroyano » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: