Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EDC15C7 Problems - anybody help for me ?  (Read 8939 times)
ducki

« on: February 27, 2013, 10:50:07 AM »

Hello,
I have to ask some questions. Sure I have read everything interesting for me. I'm a absolutly

beginner.

As written, about 2 years ago I tuned my camper. The engine runs very well, diesel

consumption is low. On 45000Km broke the first Clutch. Now the second clutch broke after

16000km. I think my Torque is too high ...?-(

Engine:
- Fiat Ducato 2.8jTD 127HP
- EDC15C7 HW No.: 0281011047, SW-No. 1037363530
- Turbo with only wastegate. No variable geometry turbo. N75 is therefore not of interest.

I work with WinOLS, and the maps are automatically recognized. Unfortunately I can not

identify most of the maps. (I'm a Newbie)

I used the Damos file "EDC15 cr2", but I can not determine the offset. Resultes are only

nonsense. Over 5000 maps, most only 1x1. I have many "offset" - tested without result.

Can anyone help me how I calculate the offset, or how and where do I find the maps.

In the attach are original file and a picture of my maps there automaticly detected.

The "highlighted" 8 maps I had two years ago to about 10 - 15% raised. I know this is not the

fine art and bungling!

With the map names I'm not sure. I used your advice, but continue to come back.

Perhaps mercy is here a pro, and aif helps me in my old age. (Yes, yes, I'm a pensioner)

Thanks
5rki

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 02:17:13 PM »

HI,
this ECU is very easy to work with, but you can not tune +' %, the only correct tune is to calculate.
There is 99,99% the tuners that do percent tuning and do not know how to calculate main things.

In diesel engine most important is timing. If you increase rail pressure, you have affect on start of ignition, if you put more fuel you have larger injection duration,
that means that your end of ignition will be further and so on...

So the correct way is to check all engine parts specification to know how far you can go.

For example, you check your fuel pressure pump, your max rail pressure measurement values, your clutch specification, your airflow and so on.
Than you can see how far to go with fuel, torque...there is more Smiley you have to calibrate your axis properly to give duration map proper values not to increase
the values but to extend the map...than you have to know when your exhaust valves open and so on...

If you want to make professional remap you have to take some more time, but for clutch problem, you will have to post the file because the 3d pictures are just less nothing...I have opened your original bin, made a mappack and prepared to see what you have done, but there is only ori i seen.

There is not much to tune for this engine. There is no boost regulation because it is mechanical,
you can work on:

EGR OFF
Injection duration map axis extension and extrapolation of values...
IQ to torque
Start of ignition
Pilot
Driwers wish
IQ limiters
Torque limiter
Smoke limiter MAF
Rail pressure limiter
Rail pressure

and that is it. Simple and reliable engine with very little regulation crap Smiley

One more hint, do not trust winols recognition (yes winols is best software i agree, but look for maps manually), EDC15 has markers and after marker you have a number
that tells you how big is the map. Every value has its own marker: for sample 50490 is the marker for fuel temperature in your bin...after that you can have number 00004 that means that there is map with axis 4 col big and the value is fuel temp.. and so on.
--
vagenwerk

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 03:20:28 PM »

really good info to start messing around with edc:)
ducki

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 02:55:09 AM »

Hi 5rki,

I thank you for your interesting notes.
Meanwhile, I have achieved a significantly higher knowledge was, and got my tuning largely complete. Wink
The cause for my broken clutches is also determined. Smiley
5rki

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 02:53:41 AM »

Smiley nice
rowlyvrs

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 02:05:19 AM »

I know this is an old thread but just wondering what you meant with IQ to Torque? Isn't this an edc15 ecu, i thought only edc16 used such conversion tables?
ABCD

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 08:23:03 PM »

I know this is an old thread but just wondering what you meant with IQ to Torque? Isn't this an edc15 ecu, i thought only edc16 used such conversion tables?

Have a look at this link :
http://www.hidden-power.co.uk/guides/bosch-edc15p/

rowlyvrs

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 05:24:27 AM »

Hi I understand torque limiter but when its written Iq to Torque i thought he was referring to IQ TO Nm tables that are present in edc16 cars
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: