Pages: [1]
Author Topic: First attemp at Allroad m-box tweak and o2 delete, some weird values??  (Read 8999 times)
prento

Hi all,

Firstly, what an amazing site.  The knowledge base and information is first class.  Everyone seems spot on and being an Marine Engineer I love the 'how does that work?  Lets find out!' attitude.

I have a euro spec 2001 Allroad 2.7t with 6 speed man box.  Eventually I want to get it to RS4 spec.  I have gutted DP's, de-cats and have RS4 coolers.  Next step is sourcing a suitable fuel pump as apparently 044's are too tall for the Allroad tank??  Then possibly some Franken's or K04's and RS4 injectors.

I have been using various tunes to tweak mine and then had a bash at the rear o2 delete, but I found a strange value.

Basically set everything to zero as listed in Wiki but the std CLRHK value is 38?  Not 72....  I do not have the CLRHKA in my file (provided the def file is correct).

I have driven the car with the CLRHK left @ 38 and it seems a bit smoother and mpg seems marginally better.  So should I change it to 5 as some peeps recommend or leave it as it is?  I have not disconnected the o2 sensors yet and im showing a resistance error with one sensor but no warning light is on.

If anyone could take a look and see what they think it would be much appreciated.  The tune I think is quite mild as one of the K03's is on its last legs so dont want to push it.

Many thanks in advance!

Kieran

ddillenger

I was under the impression this was an m-box. It Id's as 4z7907551b. Are you aware of that? Which definition file are you using?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
prento

Errr, no was not aware of that  Huh  The car is a 6 speed manual.  Due to my inexperience I couldn't tell you why either.  Unless my ECU has been swapped or I have somehow crossed over a tuning file whilst tweaking???  The car seems to run well.....

The definitions I used were here: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=613.0title=

They seem to be the closest I could find (in my inexperienced judgement).  I did the tweaks on Tuner Pro and got a pal to check sum it with Win OLS.

I was looking at having a go at coding out the EGT's and the secondary air system but thought I better check this out first.  Out of interest, what are the advantages / dis-advantages of the EGT delete?  Ive already researched the secondary air / cat warm up which after removing cats would be surplus to requirements.

Thanks for the help,

Kieran
ddillenger

If you want to experiment, you'll need a proper xdf. As it is, changing values based on an incorrect xdf is dangerous. Never assume the data you're looking at is correct when trying to use an xdf designed for another vag number (or even software number).

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
prento

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately my ECU is the earliest Allroad made, 4Z7907551B 0261206640 354547 so I cant find a def file for it.  Even REVO don't have this file on their system!

The 4Z7907551R file seems to be the closest (although a tip) to the euro ARE engine (ignition amplifier type).  The only manual files I can find are 4B0907551 & 8D0907551 type files.  I have no idea which files would be the most suitable hence my experimenting.  I understand I need to be careful but it is the only way to learn.  If I could get an accurate def file I would be happy but looks like that's not going to happen.  The only other thing I thought is to swap ECU for a newer one but Im sure that would lead to other problems.

I have posted original file and will put a def request in, fingers crossed!

So I will just keep podding on and hopefully not brick ECU in progress.

Thanks again,

Kieran
ddillenger

You do know you can flash any 1mb file to the ecu right? Flash it with an m-box, and do the appropriate emissions codeouts.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
prento

I was ideally hoping to flash a S4 m-box but my car has immob so I need to sort that out first?  I have seen the post regarding that. 

Like I mentioned earlier, I am learning away, so many thanks for your patience!  This is a very long way away from tuning Renault 21 turbos and manual diesel pump tuning.  I am used to mechanical modifying and would love to be able to do my own ECU tweaks to match the mechanical work.  I do understand it is like learning to walk all over again........

Thanks again,

Kieran
ddillenger

If you flash the m-box, the immobilizer will no longer be active. You're good to go there. I don't know what sort of emissions differences there are between euro and NA cars, so proceed with the expectation of DTC's, but proceed nonetheless.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
prento

That sounds like a plan.  Don't suppose you have a link to that?  Is that the one in the tuning wiki?

I am researching the differences but trolling through all the crud on internet is hard going.  And I obviously don't have the knowledge to de-compile a Euro and NA file to find out......  Tweakage here I come! 

The list of jobs is getting big at the moment.  Just got some B5 RS4 wheels so need to sort those out and need to get RS inter coolers mounted which no easy task on the Allroad due to the stiffening behind the bumper   Angry  Also have a new breather / vac circuit to fit as some back pressure building up in crank case.  Pipes all blocked up.

Thanks again, it is really appreciated,

Kieran
prento

Here's an update.

Finally got round to try a m-box flash on my A6 euro 6mt.  I used a pal's MPPS which I have used previoulsy with no issues, however....

Flashed m-box and report back was successful. Tried to start, nothing.....  Ok, try again.  MPPS would not connect to ECU, oh *%$#!

So I decided to do what I should have done in the first place and use the Nefmoto software.  Thank god it worked! (great program, thanks)

Then I tried to flash the NVR stg2 file, which loaded ok.  There was only one fault code, evap prep, but that cleared and so far no other codes.  EDIT: Edit:  I have have P1476 evap fault codes when started from cold.  I am guessing it is due to NA / Euro differences.  Will try to figure out how to code out evap system.

It it such a good file, smooth as hell.  Tried to do my first logs so once got those sorted I will start to tweak.  Definately need to lower the peak boost and maybe tweak timing for 98 ron fuel.  My std 100k K03's started to squeal a bit with this tune, but the pull was superb!

Hopefully will have some K04's shortly so will need to research that one next.

Thanks for the help,  will keep you updated.

Kieran
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 06:17:04 PM by prento » Logged
UrbanAssaultar

if you're not first, you're last

Any update?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: