Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Exhaust Backpressure P1556  (Read 8897 times)
Leflerej

« on: May 18, 2011, 07:31:24 PM »

Hey guys,

I'm and 01.5 S4 running k03's with piggies, regular cats, and a 3" magnaflow custom catback. I was having issues with a P1556 code that kicked me into limp mode when doing WOT 3rd gear pulls to the top. I was getting thrown into limp at about 6200 rpm. So i scaled back LDRXN_1_A from about 5500 rpm up, until I no longer would get thrown into limp. Problem solved right? well kinda, today I wanted to run all the way through 4th. Well same problem again, thrown into limp with a negative boost deviation P1556, but this time it happened around 5000-5500 rpm. So I guess I have two questions:

Should I just continue scaling LDRXN 1 A back until the issue goes away, I'm currently requesting about 187 @ 5k, dropping to 163 @ 6.7K

Or is it more of an issue with my piggies and regular cats not flowing enough?

I know that I am pretty close to the limit, but it is hard to compare with everyone having different exhaust setups. Is this something that removing the cats, or getting high flow cats would fix?

phila_dot

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 09:42:53 PM »

It sounds to me like you have a hardware issue. Boost leak or a bad N75 maybe. I would say you can rule out exhaust backpressure though.

For reference, 2001 B5 S4 K03s with piggies and 3" catback, I am requesting 187.34 @ 5k and 183.66 @ 67k, however, I do have changes to LDDIMNN.
Leflerej

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 10:01:37 PM »

If it were a hardware issue, would it still be consistent through multiple logs? What could i log to check for hardware issues? Would it be fair to rule out hardware issues if i adjust my load and get sent into limp at a different rpm? I just cant think of what else would cause the ecu to get a P1556 code....
phila_dot

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 10:14:44 PM »

What are you logging with?
How does the car drive before you get limp mode?
Have you pressure tested?
What does requested vs. actual look like?
Leflerej

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 06:53:28 AM »

The car drives great, I never overshoot my requested boost, and actual stays very
Close to requested the entire time. I really don't think I have any vacuum/boost leaks. I'm logging with vagcom. Need another alternative though...
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 03:32:13 PM »

Should get a log showing actual boost, requested boost, and N75 duty cycle.

Need to see if N75 duty cycle makes sense for what actual and requested boost are doing.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
Leflerej

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 04:17:33 PM »

If im hitting limp only in 4th should I only be logging that gear? I have the logs from 3rd gear and everything seems fine. I'll have to find some time to log my 4th gear but I would think the duty cycle actual and specified boost would follow the same map no matter what gear?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 04:26:15 PM »

If im hitting limp only in 4th should I only be logging that gear? I have the logs from 3rd gear and everything seems fine. I'll have to find some time to log my 4th gear but I would think the duty cycle actual and specified boost would follow the same map no matter what gear?

Kind of odd to assume its doing the EXACT same thing in 4th if you are hitting limp ... only in 4th Tongue

Stupid question:

Why would you not log the conditions in which you have problems?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Leflerej

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 04:56:12 PM »

No, I understand it makes more sense to log the gear your having issues. When I got the code in 4th I wasn't logging, and I haven't had a chance to go back out and log that gear. I only assume the issues would relate to the same thing because I received the same code in 3rd before I adjusted the map.

So what else could be coming into play? Am
I just reaching a hard limit of my exhaust?

I'll try and get some logs soon but what all could cause an p1556 code?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 06:23:55 PM by Tony@NefMoto » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 01:22:49 PM »

I'll try and get some logs soon but what all could cause an p1556 code?

Don't guess. Log.

Guessing now isn't going to save you time later...

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: