Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Can not seem to force open loop on mk4 1.8t for tuning  (Read 8909 times)
needlessthing

« on: January 17, 2016, 10:29:24 AM »

I know most here don't use maestro 7 tuning software..but thought maybe someone here can help me out with my problem.

car is 2003 jetta 1.8t awp

I can't seem to force the car to stay in open loop so I can data log without o2 corrections.
I can evap deleted...and unplugging the resister for the n80 doesn't make the car go into open loop in measuring block 99
 going to measuring block 99 and switching to basic settings does force open loop...but once I try to data log or switch blocks for other variables it goes right back into close loop again.

Is there any other way to force a constant open loop? without unplugging the o2 censor? I need the data the o2 is seeing...but not for the ecu to correct based off what it sees.

someone please help...trying to dial in my tune and this is brick wall...
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 10:37:45 AM »

Why can't you tune based off the short term fuel corrections, assuming your req AFR is set? One of the great things about ME7 is it's always closed loop. You could also use an external wideband, but the ecu has one already.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 10:40:00 AM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 11:06:07 AM »

I agree 100%. Wideband ME7 is great.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
needlessthing

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 12:27:01 PM »

Why can't you tune based off the short term fuel corrections, assuming your req AFR is set? One of the great things about ME7 is it's always closed loop. You could also use an external wideband, but the ecu has one already.

from what I understand you need to log data without o2 input when tuning for maps like alpha N...
vwaudiguy

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 01:03:43 PM »

Maffless?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
overspeed

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 04:36:18 PM »

Unplug n112, wideband will show actual and req lambda factors but not correct the injection time
dream3R

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 07:57:56 PM »

It's doable if you look at the code on the function it full of code words iirc.

How to work out values from an A2L Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52371#msg52371

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

ORGORIGINAL 05 5120 creator for Volvo
ORIGINAL Datalogger (Freeware) Author
ORGINAL finder of the 'extra' torque' limits
I don't have ME7.01 A2L I just use ID
needlessthing

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 11:57:38 PM »

Maffless?

no I am not maffless....but I do have cams, larger intake manifold with larger ports, and port and polished head...with a 70mm throttle body... I need to dial in the alpha n map...which from what everyone says must be done while in open loop.
needlessthing

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 12:03:19 AM »

Unplug n112, wideband will show actual and req lambda factors but not correct the injection time

most of that is all deleted and resistered....removing the resisters doesn't seem to force it to go into open loop...unless maestro software is causing it to ignore those removed valves and keep it in closed loop constantly. As stated...going into to measuring block 99 and switching to basic settings forces it to open loop. A/F goes to 13.5 at idle so I know it is not getting o2 corrections....but as soon as I switch blocks to log data it goes right back to closed loop and a/f jump back to 14.7
catbed

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 10:44:01 AM »

no I am not maffless....but I do have cams, larger intake manifold with larger ports, and port and polished head...with a 70mm throttle body... I need to dial in the alpha n map...which from what everyone says must be done while in open loop.

Why open loop? Alpha-N is airflow over throttle plate. You need to log throttle angle, RPM, and MAF reading
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 10:52:58 AM »

Open loop only makes sense with a MAF or a real MAP (post TB).

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 11:46:34 AM »

most of that is all deleted and resistered....removing the resisters doesn't seem to force it to go into open loop...unless maestro software is causing it to ignore those removed valves and keep it in closed loop constantly. As stated...going into to measuring block 99 and switching to basic settings forces it to open loop. A/F goes to 13.5 at idle so I know it is not getting o2 corrections....but as soon as I switch blocks to log data it goes right back to closed loop and a/f jump back to 14.7

Maestro has a window that gives you the option to delete singular sensors/relays. You need to re-enable them, and then remove the resistors.

dream3R

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 01:08:50 AM »

Maestro has a window that gives you the option to delete singular sensors/relays. You need to re-enable them, and then remove the resistors.

Not to offend but that product is it any good?

How to work out values from an A2L Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52371#msg52371

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

ORGORIGINAL 05 5120 creator for Volvo
ORIGINAL Datalogger (Freeware) Author
ORGINAL finder of the 'extra' torque' limits
I don't have ME7.01 A2L I just use ID
ddillenger

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2016, 02:27:24 AM »

NOLRA will disable adaptations. Same effect as tripping powerstage diagnosis.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
vwaudiguy

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2016, 09:43:48 AM »

Maestro is horrible IMHO.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: