Tuning instrument cluster gauges for Audi/VW/Seat/Skoda

(1/46) > >>

automan001:
Hi, Collegues!
Did you know we can tune gauges in our instrument clusters?
IC eeprom contains maps of speedometer, tachometer, coolant temperature, fuel level gagues.
And you can tune them.
For exapmle in speedometer gauge you can install any scale from other cool IC you want and then tune arrow positions accordingly. Also you can remove +5..+7% increase in speed reading values in comparing with GPS (you can make your speedometer exact!)
Another example is switching from diesel to benzin IC, you can tune RPM accordingly.
Also non-linearity and stickness to 90C of IC coolant temperature gauge can be solved.
Additionally you can remove non-linearity of fuel level in the tank displayed on the gauge.
To start this tread i suggest you my discoverings on average VW(Skoda) A4 IC 1U0920811B.
There are 8 maps
Speedometer arrow positions - inside IC there is just a simple stepped motor with table of positions
Speedometer sensor values - in km/h that are translated into arrow positions
Tachometer (RPM) arrow positions - a table of stepped motor positions
Tahometer (RPM) sensor values - a table of sensor values that are translated to arrow positions
Temperature (coolant) arrow positions
Temperature (coolant) sensor values
Fuel level arrow positions
Fuel level sensor values
Will continue this thread with my tuned values. Stock maps you can discover in almost any A4 platfrom instrument clusters. EEPROM just arranged in different block sequences.
See attachment of Skoda A4 (Octavia Tour) instrument cluster. If you see your IC EEPROM structure is the same you can apply these maps to your cluster. I will help to find out where map locations are in other VW-like IC dumps (i have big collections of IC dumps).

ddillenger:
Here is mine:

automan001:
Luckily, it looks like maps have same offset as in yuor cluster (i will check tomorrow in details). Just import the .kp into your .ols. You will see your "linearization" maps are my "arrow positions". My sensor values are addition to your linearization maps.

vwaudiguy:
This is very cool. I have a car with an aftermarket fuel tank, and have tried a few different solutions to get the sending unit to work with an OE cluster. Thanks for sharing!

k0mpresd:
thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page