Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Not meeting requested boost or requested load MKIV 1.8t AWW (AWP)  (Read 21987 times)
rufusgti

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2013, 12:17:42 AM »

And look at module MDMAX. The variable for the map KFMIOP is used to calculate maximum allowed indexed torque . So if in last column of this map     we have max 85% and load axis value is 180 everything above this (set in LDRXN) make more torque and we have operation/torque intervention .This can be avoided by scaling the load axis and recalculated % values according to KFMIRL .
Ex:
KFMIRL.....    100%.........4000RPM..........210load (if LDRXN allow this)
KFMIOP....       x%..........4000RPM..........200load (last load axis value)

x=(100*200)/210=95.24%    Set 96% on map and this is the uncorrected max torque.

If we let the maximum load axis value 180 ,   x=(100*180)/210=85.71% and this is max allowed uncorrected torque even if LDRXN is set to 210.
Load             Torque
180    .....      85.71%
190    .....      85.71%
200    .....      85.71%  
210    .....      85.71%  
and so on...    
Over 180 ME7 limited max torque to this %value because is torque-based system.            

"FB MDMAX 1.30 Detailed description of function

The maximum volumetric charge rlvugd at unthrottled engine operation is taken from the characteristic RLVMXN resp. from the
characteristic RLVMXSN dependent on the position of the manifold switch-over. Thereafter the conversion into the charge rlugd w
is performed by altitude- and temperature-correction. For configurations with turbo charger (SY TURBO=1), the maximum charge
rlmax w is predefined directly. The maximum charge now is input variable for the map KFMIOP, in which the optimum torque is stored
over speed and charge. The thus obtained torque mimxl1 w is corrected by the factor FMIVL, which indicates the torque increase at
full load and the maximum torque mimax w is obtained."

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 02:15:38 AM by rufusgti » Logged
oldcarguy85

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2013, 03:36:15 AM »

Ok! I could be wrong but in my car , a VOLVO S70T5 with ME7.0 max load axis value on KFMIOP was set stock to 180 (~16 psi). LDRXN allow max 165 load. After I changed this value to 195 (KFMIRL >200 in last column) boost did not exceed 16 psi until I made changes in KFMIOP (max load axis value set to 200 and recalculated %torque according to KFMIRL).
Btw , in oldcarguy85 file max LDRXN is set to 160 (~13psi). How can his engine make 17.5 psi Huh

Just to be clear, I never even mentioned LDRXN. It was/is set plenty high to achieve the correct boost.
phila_dot

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2013, 03:48:28 AM »

Rufus,
Did you read my first reply on page 2?

If you did, read it again. You have the FR, so check it out.

Then explain to me how your theory operates beyond MDMAX.
oldcarguy85

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2013, 04:20:44 AM »

Ill try to post a log at some point that clearly shows KFMIOP does not impact load requests greater than its highest axis value. I know in the file I originally referenced in this post KFMIOP maxed out at 160. KFMIRL highest points were all around 210. LDRXN was around 200-210 for most of the RPM range. As I originally noted, the ECU requested around 19psi (maybe more, I forget). If KFMIOP was limiting this, it would have requested 13psi(160 load request)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2013, 08:45:43 AM »

Look at this tutorial on pages 19,20,21 (logging data and remarks...point "d").     

That was written by a member here based on the s4wik Tuning page and discussions here a while ago.

I do not think the author really understood IOP at the time, since tuning it properly wasn't discussed that in depth at the time he wrote it.

While we were all grateful that somebody went through the trouble of writing a tutorial, I expressed concern that his PDF was not editable, and that it, like proprietary software that becomes abandonware, would suffer obsolescence if the paper was not properly curated.

Unfortunately, the author did not understand my concern, or share my ideology regarding publishing information.

It seems my concerns were well founded.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
userpike

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2013, 11:01:01 AM »

That was written by a member here based on the s4wik Tuning page and discussions here a while ago.

I do not think the author really understood IOP at the time, since tuning it properly wasn't discussed that in depth at the time he wrote it.

While we were all grateful that somebody went through the trouble of writing a tutorial, I expressed concern that his PDF was not editable, and that it, like proprietary software that becomes abandonware, would suffer obsolescence if the paper was not properly curated.

Unfortunately, the author did not understand my concern, or share my ideology regarding publishing information.

It seems my concerns were well founded.

what else in that PDF is not worth reading nyet?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2013, 11:04:58 AM »

what else in that PDF is not worth reading nyet?

By and large (IMO) it is pretty good. There are areas that could use some work, but I don't think i'm qualified to be specific.. basically, thats why the s4 tuning wiki is more of a guide to maps rather than a tuning guide; I don't presume to know how to tell somebody exactly what should be changed and how..

I would love to have an experienced (and knowledgeable) tuner go over that document and really do it right..

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
userpike

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2013, 12:30:29 AM »

By and large (IMO) it is pretty good. There are areas that could use some work, but I don't think i'm qualified to be specific.. basically, thats why the s4 tuning wiki is more of a guide to maps rather than a tuning guide; I don't presume to know how to tell somebody exactly what should be changed and how..

I would love to have an experienced (and knowledgeable) tuner go over that document and really do it right..

Well, I value your opinion sir. Thank you. I feel I'm still at the novice level as far as ECU tuning. Without you, I would be damn near clueless.
316LV

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2013, 06:56:30 PM »

Add me to that chorus too nyet. Without your wiki I had no frame of reference... Much appreciated!

Go ahead and give me negative karma... I don't care if you like what I post princess.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: