Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Question about cross-flash and wanted someone to double check my bin please  (Read 13699 times)
Andrew G.

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2015, 02:46:13 PM »

Ha you guys are making it too easy now, I could have searched for it! Thanks nyet, daz Cheesy
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 03:26:44 PM »

No problem, Andrew.

You're doing a great job, keep it up..

You're the kind of forum member that makes things easy Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 05:44:37 PM »

No problem, Andrew.

You're doing a great job, keep it up..

You're the kind of forum member that makes things easy Smiley

+1.

ESKONF is kinda scattered at the moment. It's not a problem to do a little hand holding there.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Andrew G.

Well we recently had some nice sunny weather and road conditions have been dry, so I finally did some logging. Grin Now I'm still a novice when it comes to logging and figuring out what may be an issue, so I made a few charts with what I *think* is relevant data. I also attached the log in case these charts don't say enough. If I had to guess I would say it looks like it's taking too long to reach anywhere near requested boost, and perhaps there's a boost leak somewhere that isn't obvious (I haven't pressure tested yet, though I'm familiar with the procedure; also replaced the torn "DAS BOOT" shorty after buying the car). Another concern is knock voltage on one of the cylinders peaks at ~20volts, which may be on the high end? And lastly requested boost is lower than I think it should be, so I assume the ECU doesn't want to feed the beast until it's "safe" to do so. Whaddya think guys, am I on the right track? Cool
Andrew G.

Had to compress the log to get it to save.
nyet
Administrator

I limit is way too low, your actual boost isn't anywhere near requested.

Also, for that low boost, you are seeing a TON of timing correction, which makes no sense.

Do you have a wideband sensor? If not, I would not go any further w/o one.. or you need to diagnose your fueling. I suspect you are very lean.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:59:59 AM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Andrew G.

nyet, if by wideband sensor you mean both pre-cat o2's then yes and they seem healthy. The ECU seems happy with all the sensors and data as I haven't had any faults logged for some time now. LTFT for both banks is typically +-1% which ought to be pretty darn good and indicate it's not trying to compensate for some unmeasured air, right?
nyet
Administrator

nyet, if by wideband sensor you mean both pre-cat o2's then yes and they seem healthy.

No, I mean actual 3rd party aftermarket wideband, like zeitronix, that measures actual lambda (not just whether or not you are lambda 1, which is useless for tuning)

The ECU seems happy with all the sensors and data as I haven't had any faults logged for some time now. LTFT for both banks is typically +-1% which ought to be pretty darn good and indicate it's not trying to compensate for some unmeasured air, right?

Yea, i would think so, but something is really awry with your timing Sad

ECUx Plot

Andrew G.

Then there must be a reason for the timing being pulled Tongue. Okay okay let me do some digging and present some ideas.  Smiley
nyet
Administrator

Then there must be a reason for the timing being pulled Tongue. Okay okay let me do some digging and present some ideas.  Smiley

Bad gas is the obvious answer.

I'd start by pulling a bunch of timing and see how far down you have to go to get 0 retard.

If you aren't running stock fueling (MAF, injectors) i'd not go any further w/o a wideband.

ECUx Plot

Andrew G.

I'm running completely stock. I looked at EGT's which both showed 950, naturally. But "B_TABGBTS Condition: Exhaust gas temperature exceeded" is logging 1 during the pull. I then looked in TunerPro under Scalers -> TABGBTS and it's set to 499.99 grad C, which I would be above the limit in no time, no? Is it because the S4 uses different EGT's?

Found Flyboy mentioning something similar here, reply #612:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6695.600
"I also noticed that with the stock TABGBTS the modeled EGT is above the threshold immediately."

Andrew G.

I created a new topic under diagnostics before going further here.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9731.0title=
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: