Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: Skoda Octavia vRS 1.8T | AUQ | Stage 2 remap - help needed  (Read 34287 times)
seeeeergiu

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2019, 01:16:13 AM »

If you removed the stock airbox, good luck getting fueling right.

When i bought the car it was totally stock and for some reason.... with the stock airbox (+new filter) it was not pulling hard, in fact it was very weak.
I tried a K&N cone filter which was laying around in my garage just to hear the DV and had a shock that the car transformed. And this is how all modifications began  Grin

So, with all the respect, i think there`s another issue right now. Lambda gets bts-ed to 0.75 and then jumps to values over 1.5 ... all of this happening at WOT, high gear, 5000+ RPM.
I`m guessing that this is triggered by something which i cannot identify.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2019, 01:19:02 AM »

You seem stuck on ignoring advice.

Good luck in your endeavors.

BTW your logs are useless w/o pedal position and TB angle, ECUxPlot can't filter properly, and it it hard to tell if the lambda spikes are from you coming off throttle or not. Not only that, your ill considered removal of the N249 will make it even harder to tell what is going on, since you will get all sorts of odd transient boost spikes (and accompanied lambda spikes) when you lift.

You're also not logging load or any EGT data, so it is impossible to tell what BTS is trying to do. There is literally no reason to log this few variables.

Finally, your lambda is NOT 1.5 or 1.25 for that matter.

You ignored the post where it says that is lambda control, not actual AFR (not that that is good either, but at least you won't grenade your motor).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 01:56:10 AM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Blazius

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2019, 01:48:21 AM »

When i bought the car it was totally stock and for some reason.... with the stock airbox (+new filter) it was not pulling hard, in fact it was very weak.
I tried a K&N cone filter which was laying around in my garage just to hear the DV and had a shock that the car transformed. And this is how all modifications began  Grin

So, with all the respect, i think there`s another issue right now. Lambda gets bts-ed to 0.75 and then jumps to values over 1.5 ... all of this happening at WOT, high gear, 5000+ RPM.
I`m guessing that this is triggered by something which i cannot identify.

May God help you if you get 1.5 lambda at WOT.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2019, 01:54:42 AM »

May God help you if you get 1.5 lambda at WOT.

Well he's only running what, 0.6 bar?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
seeeeergiu

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2019, 02:12:56 AM »

I am sorry if i seem ignorant, i am just at the beginning, overwhelmed of this situation and afraid not to mess it up even more.
I couldnt log so many parameters due to the me7logger closing after few seconds. So i was logging bunches of different ones.
Only now i found about the fuse pulling trick, thanks to adam-.

I did not ignore that post, when i was saying my lambda jumps i was refering to lamsoni_w.

Today i`m going to pull that fuse and come back with a full set of logs.

You seem stuck on ignoring advice.

Good luck in your endeavors.

BTW your logs are useless w/o pedal position and TB angle, ECUxPlot can't filter properly, and it it hard to tell if the lambda spikes are from you coming off throttle or not. Not only that, your ill considered removal of the N249 will make it even harder to tell what is going on, since you will get all sorts of odd transient boost spikes (and accompanied lambda spikes) when you lift.

You're also not logging load or any EGT data, so it is impossible to tell what BTS is trying to do. There is literally no reason to log this few variables.

Finally, your lambda is NOT 1.5 or 1.25 for that matter.

You ignored the post where it says that is lambda control, not actual AFR.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2019, 02:19:20 AM »

I did not ignore that post, when i was saying my lambda jumps i was refering to lamsoni_w.

I'm guessing they are all from going off throttle, and not having an N249 is going to make the behavior worse, not better. Ultimately, though, those lambda jumps aren't a bad thing, but boost spikes off throttle certainly are.

The good news is that at your boost levels, the only weird fueling behavior you are going to see due to not having an airbox is likely strange idle and cold start behavior.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 02:21:37 AM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

seeeeergiu

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2019, 02:14:30 AM »

Hello guys,

I went to stage 2 thanks to Adam`s help. Now everything seems fine, FKKVS was reverted to stock values.
I`m tweaking the map by myself and i found something odd while doing lots of logs:
-EGT`s(tabgbts_w) are 700 - 930 Celsius while driving normally in 5-6th gear (90-120kmh). AFR(lamsoni_w) is mainly arround 1 V, sometimes going down to 0.8 V while accelerating.
-EGT`s(tabgbts_w) get up to 1150 Celsius, near redline, while doing a 4th gear pull. Because of this, AFR goes to 0.75V and stays the (trigged by EGT>940Celsius i guess).
I remember that i was also hitting AFR 11.0:1 (0.75 V) while doing pulls with stock map.

I am using 95 petrol (similar specs to Shell V-Power Unleaded).

Does anyone have an ideea regarding why my EGT`s are soo high? The petrol i`m using is too bad? Is it possible that my O2 sensor is bad?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 02:52:59 AM by seeeeergiu » Logged
IamwhoIam

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2019, 05:41:05 AM »

For someone who has 100 and 102 RON available in your country, using 95 RON seems a bit retarded to me.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
seeeeergiu

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2019, 06:42:07 AM »

Before "remapping" i was using 95 RON since i`ve tried 100/102 RON and i`ve felt no difference. Maybe the 95RON felt a bit more aggresive and the 100/102 smoother, but might be placebo.
In the manual and on the vehicle sticker, 95 RON is mentioned. So having all those in mind, i`ve used the cheaper one (95RON).
I had a full tank of 95RON when i started to learn about remap and implementing changes and now (1/4 fuel left in the tank) i`m waiting to finish the 95RON and switch to 100/102RON.
As i am trying to understand my logs ...i`ve came accross this situation and popped a question.
I get that higher RON implies higher resistance to knock. But in case it doesnt knock, does RON influence "calculated" EGT ?

I appreciate the time you`ve spent to share your opinion but a more technical oriented advice would be more usefull.  Kiss
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2019, 07:52:12 AM »

Still waiting for logs.

ECUx Plot

seeeeergiu

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2019, 09:43:58 AM »

Still waiting for logs.
4th gear pull logs attached.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2019, 10:59:31 AM »

You tell me.. what is going on here?

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2019, 11:01:26 AM »

Before "remapping" i was using 95 RON since i`ve tried 100/102 RON and i`ve felt no difference. Maybe the 95RON felt a bit more aggresive and the 100/102 smoother, but might be placebo.

Why would octane influence what you are seeing here (hint, you aren't seeing any KR)

ECUx Plot

seeeeergiu

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2019, 11:59:55 AM »

You tell me.. what is going on here?
Based on my current knowledge:
- Doesnt hit DesiredBoost which is set anyway too high. -> should have Desired arround max 21psi and then tappered down similar to my actual.
- Based on WG Duty cycle i guess the actuator is weak and cant hold (3200-4000Rpm)  -> given the above measure i guess it should hold, if not... replace actuator
- There`s a sudden jump in injector duty cycle (from about 4500 rpm) related to lambda going down to 0.75 (although this is not visible on the graph). -> not sure...
seeeeergiu

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2019, 12:18:31 PM »

Why would octane influence what you are seeing here (hint, you aren't seeing any KR)
I get that the first dip in timing graph is due to running high boost but the second one (6000-6250) i dont know.
Since there is no KR and low values overall i guess i octane would make no difference at the moment. Higher octane would be useful only when running higher timing and KR`s might appear?
i hope i didnt say anything totally retarded Undecided

LE: Slow timing + rich mixture = higher temperature in exhaust... and its like a loop? BTS compensating for increased temperature...until lambda gets to 0.75?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 01:03:08 PM by seeeeergiu » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: