Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VAST tune issue  (Read 6520 times)
Dorny1

« on: April 04, 2015, 11:24:51 PM »

So, bought this tune from VAST from one of their guys who was apparently let go. I was told that they'd use one of my retunes as a stage 3. (yeah I know) BUT when I sent it in for this they didn't tell me till they had it that i'd be charged another $300 and I was broke. I ended up burning up that bridge cause their customer service and professionalism was extremely poor. Well due to me not even having logs they couldn't adjust the tune anyway.

SO, anyone able to recommend what to do with this? I'm looking to go stage 3 soon, but i'd like to adjust this for the time being and It's locked (tried to pull it via nefmoto software) Anyone know who might be able to help me? I would be willing to compensate. I'd try to learn to tune but just dont have the time/money/balls to try it myself (I'll be honest)

Damn being broke with an Audi...
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 01:23:16 AM »

Even if you read it, you can't modify it. I'm afraid you're SOL there.

Welcome, and good luck.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 01:43:25 AM »

If you can't spend the time to learn, and you're broke, sell it. Sorry man, no other solution.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Dorny1

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 03:23:43 PM »

It works thats the thing. Real nice community here. You ask nicely after searching and yet still get told sell a fine running car. Just wanted to see if there was anything I could try to get it just a little less rich.
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 05:01:41 PM »

It works thats the thing. Real nice community here. You ask nicely after searching and yet still get told sell a fine running car. Just wanted to see if there was anything I could try to get it just a little less rich.

It is a pretty nice community, and Nye's a nice guy, he just doesn't beat around the bush. Everyday people come here, thinking this is a cheap alternative to paying a tuner. Bottom line is this:

Don't join to try to save money. If anything, you'll spend MORE money to do it yourself than you would pay someone. If you're here, it should be because you want to learn.

In any event, I answered your question. To expand upon it, VAST had licensed APR's encryption towards the end. It's fairly complex, and certainly not something worth spending the time figuring out, as by the time you cracked it, you could likely have gotten a 2 year degree.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
FlyboyS4

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 07:46:18 PM »

I think he was telling you to sell the tune (ecu).  Then you can get one that fits your needs.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 08:53:23 PM »

I think he was telling you to sell the tune (ecu).  Then you can get one that fits your needs.

Yep. Stock will always work.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
BerkleyJ

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 12:31:39 PM »

Check my post history. I've got a VAST ecu too. It's not a great tune and it's all kinds of wacky copy and modification protections.
_nameless

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 06:28:39 PM »

so you have stock fueling and stock turbos but you want a stage 3 tune? im confused

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: