Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rescaling Axis in VE maps when changing to bigger MAP sensor?  (Read 444 times)
isanfa

« on: February 03, 2024, 05:30:00 AM »

Hi.
I am trying to learn this by myself. I am in a process of converting an NA engine to a turbo engine. In that matter I need to rescale VE maps to account for the turbo pressure and increased air flow.
The map itself is ok. I understand how to, and how much I need to add given my boost pressure.
But I am replacing the original MAP sensor with a 2,5bar map sensor. So my top axis should end at 2325hpa ish, if my math is correct.
Is it that easy that I just change the last 6 rows in the axis, interpolate values between 1-6th last axis, and thats it for the map?

And what if I need to have the maps working on a higher rpm then 8800rpm that is the highest as pr now. Can I just change the rpm values at top, and thats it?

Ok, now you think there is alot more to it, and this guy is on deep water, and your right. But I will get there.
I do have damos for my given file, so I have 9000ish maps and values defined. I have rescaled the voltage to hpa factor already, but there is also an offset factor to map sensor, and I dont understand how this offset value works.
When, or why do I need to alter the offset value?

Please be gentle with me.
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2024, 07:37:03 AM »

No files, not even a mention of what ECU or engine. If you are actually expecting a reply you may want to add some relevant info.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
isanfa

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2024, 07:55:16 AM »

No files, not even a mention of what ECU or engine. If you are actually expecting a reply you may want to add some relevant info.

Sorry, did not think it was of importance, as I thought the question was generalized.

It is a bosch ME17.9.74 ecu. 2 cylinder 1000cc engine from Polaris General UTV.
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2024, 08:20:26 AM »

You will need to disassemble the ecu and see if it has a hard coded load cap, most of them do. After you patch the load cap you will need to change the map sensor offsets to match the new map sensor. Also, may need a 5120 hack too depending on how much boost you plan to run   

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
isanfa

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2024, 11:27:26 AM »

You will need to disassemble the ecu and see if it has a hard coded load cap, most of them do. After you patch the load cap you will need to change the map sensor offsets to match the new map sensor. Also, may need a 5120 hack too depending on how much boost you plan to run  

Thank you.
It is for sure possible to do. I have a file made by a tuner that installed a turbokit on an identical UTV. They made use of  MAP sensor of 2,5 bar, and the VE axis are scaled accordingly. See attached picture of VE map with 2,5 bar map sensor.
So I have no doubt it is working. Since I am basicly doing the same, and I also have both the tuned and original SW, I could just copy paste it. But I am rather trying to understand how it is done.
I am studying both files, and in that way I am learning slowly. I`m no engineer, will never be, so I will never become clever enough to work at the level most you guys in here does, dissembling codes etc.
Looked into Ida pro once, and I did not have 1 single clue to do. Its not for me.

And could you care to explain me what is map sensor offset? The value represented is pressure, not Voltage?
Attached is pictures of map sensor offset for both files. On the left is 2.5 bar map sensor offset. Factor used is 0,004.

But, I have Damos for another sw versio from the same ecu type and engine type, just installed in a different type of offroad wheicle. And in my Damos, the factor used for Map offset is 0,0390625.
The ID in my damos is: DSSOFS, where I assume OFS is offset, but I do not now what DSS stand for.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 11:29:17 AM by isanfa » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: