Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Is this a bad read ?  (Read 6284 times)
marto7

« on: April 06, 2022, 01:06:21 PM »

Hello guys. The car yesterday slap me with SAFE on the instrument cluster and wont start. The car is A4 B7 1.8TQ 2005 with Me7.5. In the morning started perfect. Later i just turned ignition off for 5-6min, than after that i received SAFE on the cluster and wont start again. In VCDS i have showed this - 02241 - engine control module immobilizer data not adapted. Never before that read or write the eeprom, only the eprom with different tunes.
Tried to read the eeprom via OBD to check it, but didnt succed, so i needed to read it in bootmode with ArgDub's tool. From dumped file, there is missing Immo code, VIN, PIN and other things. Tried to read the file at least 10 more times, tried every possible baud rate at least twice and every file is same. All of  them has missing same things. Tried to write the file back to see if there is difference but everything was same, so next step was Immo Off. After Writing Immo off file, the car Starts, but still i have SAFE on the Dash. Here is the file, is it possible that it dont readed corectly ? And what should i do ? I read and write with Blue KKL cable. ECU number is - 8E0 909 518 AQ
BlackT

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 02:50:13 PM »

Try spare key. Do you have now hazzard light on when you start car?
Also if that is RB8 it is tricky to read, you will need better tool
marto7

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 02:56:21 PM »

Already tried both cays. No difference. I dont have hazard light. Only ESP but this is because i tried battery of for 10mins. When i drive the car for few metters this will go away.
And yes the dashboard is RB8 with immo3. When i read the eeprom on bootmode, the ECU is outside the car so why is hard to read ? Do you think the readed file is not correct dumped ?
What tool i need ?
BlackT

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 03:19:04 PM »

Oh you read ECU i thought you speak about cluster.
Yes this file is strange, it have 00 where schould be data for VIN skc and so on.

Do you have eeprom error in ECU?
marto7

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2022, 03:39:54 PM »

Yes i read the ECU eeprom with the idea to get the PIN and try to adapt the keys with VCDS. But when i checked the file there is 00 on the PIN and also a lot more missing details like VIN, Immo data, etc.
Where i need to look for error ? In VCDS ? I dont have any errors in Engine.
BlackT

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2022, 10:48:35 PM »

Does your VCDS show VIN number in ENGINE?
marto7

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2022, 12:40:41 AM »

Will check later when i go to the car. Also a little update on the situation. With vag Eeprogrammer i went to the Dash ---> Bosch ---> Get Access code. After i do that operation the Cluster blinked for a second (something like hard reset) and the SAFE is gone. There is no more Errors in VCDS and looks like the problem is gone. The ECU is still with Immo Off eeprom but i leave it like that for now, until i found out from where it was the problem. Is it possible for that to be a bad read and the problem came from the DASH ? And now when its (something like hard reset) its fixed ? Im afraid the car can brake down on a road again.

EDIT: I cant see VIN number with VCDS in Engine. Also something that i noticed today is when i first turned the Ignition on the RPM needle jumped a bit. This never happen before. Its not went to 1000rpm but almost 500rmp maybe.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 03:33:58 AM by marto7 » Logged
macxxx

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2022, 03:21:22 PM »

As I remember Vin can be only seen in Advanced ID. Epprom looks modified and checksum corrected - there's an autograph propably of modifier "MTONE"??

SAFE means that the cluster didn't read matched key or just didn't read any key ( maybe some problem with immo antena around ignition switch  or cables connecting cluster with It )

you won't read an RB8 cluster with Epprom programmer and KKl cable ( need Vag dash can , XCAN etc. )  , but maybe the try resetted the cluster.
marto7

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2022, 02:56:34 AM »

I have a picture in advanced ID and i think there is VIN there im posting a picture below on the post. Is it possible to not read Eeprom corectly or its real that everything is deleted ? And how the car was able to start like that without vin and everything, with immo on whem i wasnt have SAFE on the dash?

I will check the cables to cluster again. So the problem is comming from the cluster not the ECU ?

What you advice to do next?  I can get VAG commander v1.4 cable, will it help in my problem or need other cables?
macxxx

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2022, 04:26:16 PM »

maybe immo was off in flash? With commander you won't read epprom from cluster , I doubt if you can read epprom from ecu ( I tried once and didn't succeed with the same ecu you have )
elektronik13

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2022, 01:04:19 AM »

Already tried both cays. No difference. I dont have hazard light. Only ESP but this is because i tried battery of for 10mins. When i drive the car for few metters this will go away.
And yes the dashboard is RB8 with immo3. When i read the eeprom on bootmode, the ECU is outside the car so why is hard to read ? Do you think the readed file is not correct dumped ?
What tool i need ?
describe my friend what you did that the eeprom ecu looks like after an explosion, i saw the ecu after the reset but something like this not
elektronik13

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2022, 01:10:51 AM »

As I remember Vin can be only seen in Advanced ID. Epprom looks modified and checksum corrected - there's an autograph propably of modifier "MTONE"??

SAFE means that the cluster didn't read matched key or just didn't read any key ( maybe some problem with immo antena around ignition switch  or cables connecting cluster with It )

you won't read an RB8 cluster with Epprom programmer and KKl cable ( need Vag dash can , XCAN etc. )  , but maybe the try resetted the cluster.

it has to be RB4 because RB8 wouldn't even connect
marto7

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2022, 01:13:34 AM »

@Macxxx Immo wasnt off before.  When i readed the ECU it was with Immo ON, and because of the SAFE on the cluster thats why i cant start the car. Also the Error in VCDS was - 02241 - engine control module immobilizer data not adapted.

@elektronik13 I dont do anything. I never before that readed the Eeprom, i dont even know that there is something else than the eprom that contain tune. I didnt even conected the laptop to the car in last few months. This happened from nowhere. Just drove the car. Turned the ignition off for 5 minutes because i waited a barrier. After the train past by (5min) turned ignition on and tried to start the car but i had SAFE on dash. Car wasnt able to start anymore.

Readed Eeprom with Arg Dbus tool -  First time i ever do that. Wasnt able to read it via OBD so Readed it in bootmode. The file was the result.

Mu cluster is RB8 with Immo3 . Car is A4 B7 1.8TQ 2005

BlackT

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2022, 02:04:11 AM »

This is most strange thing I have ever seen on ME7 ECU.
I don't have clue how your car start after you write this file.
Those ECUus with 6.02 boot mode are really conncted to eeprom.

What version of me7eeprom did you use?
marto7

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2022, 04:29:09 AM »

I tried with ArgDub's tool v1.31 because a read somewhere that members sayd it works best, but also tried to read it with newest version, tried every baud rate one by one, at least 10 times i readed the Eeprom with hope there will be some file that are different than others, but either my cable cant read correct this eeprom or actually everything is erased. All that happened before i write the file on it.
First i writed the same file i readed and everything was same. SAFE on dashboard, and car stalling immidiatelly after start. After that i writed same file but with Immo Off (Used Eeprom tool that shared by torboat here), and the car starting without problems. I still had SAFE on dash but car worked without any problems. After i tried to read the dash with Vag Eeprogramer, the dash blinked for a second and SAFE was gone. Now i dont have SAFE on dash, and car works fine. Also in VCDS there no any errors. Everything works like before, but still i dont want to write the Immo on eeprom before i realise from where the problem came. I dont want this to happen again on the road without solution.

This is what i have in Advanced ID in  VCDS - 17 Instruments. Any advice ?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: