Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Slight hesitation in acceleration - 2.7T  (Read 4189 times)
AudiMan85

« on: June 27, 2014, 12:12:18 AM »

Ok about 2 months ago I decided hey, my spark plugs needed to be replaced since I swapped to BKR7E'S. So I went out and got 6. Now my friend works at a auto parts store so I went to him and he says his computer shows that the plugs are listed as nickel.

Now I switched to these plugs cause they were copper core. So his manager explained that she talked to corporate and said that NGK's copper plugs are now nickel. She said that a week prior someone came in and was confused like me. Also if you look up on NGK's site and all major auto part stores webpages that they are listed as nickel. So I bought them anyways as I was assured they were still copper core.

After installing them I noticed a slight surge feeling at part throttle,  WOT is fine. Plugs were gapped to .032, now about 3 weeks ago I replaced my Torque Converter and installed 3" cat - less downpipes. Well before all that my onboard computer said a avg MPG of 16-17. Now I I'm hitting 13-15mpg max and I have fixed boost leaks and vacuum leaks. It seems that it is slowly getting more hesitation in Tiptronic mode. In full auto it's harder to notice.

Also the other night I was on empty, with est. 20 miles left in tank and I got a blinking CEL along with a big buck or two. So I ran the code after pulling over and I had cylinder 4 misfire. So I figured,  I'm too low on gas So I went and put gas in. No misfires, but my MPG is still bad which I hoped the torque converter replacement for code p0471 and the exhaust upgraded would have helped my MPG out. So am I to think, time to ICM delete and Red Coils?

Or is there something else I should be looking at. I'm using NVR's Stage 2++ with a few custom changes and addictions.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 12:32:23 AM by AudiMan85 » Logged

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
DEVESTATOR5000

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 04:43:24 PM »

What year and model is your Audi, try gapping to .028 instead, or do a coil conversion. If your car has ICM's they can go bad. I just performed a coil conversión on my 2000 2.7t A6 and the gas mileage wildly increased and drives smoother. I guess my coils were weak.

2000 A6 2.7T
AudiMan85

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 08:08:32 AM »

I have done this and it drives way better. The ICM's and coils didn't help the car at all. They went right in the trash.

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
Phasayaseng

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 08:11:25 AM »

Ok about 2 months ago I decided hey, my spark plugs needed to be replaced since I swapped to BKR7E'S. So I went out and got 6. Now my friend works at a auto parts store so I went to him and he says his computer shows that the plugs are listed as nickel.

Now I switched to these plugs cause they were copper core. So his manager explained that she talked to corporate and said that NGK's copper plugs are now nickel. She said that a week prior someone came in and was confused like me. Also if you look up on NGK's site and all major auto part stores webpages that they are listed as nickel. So I bought them anyways as I was assured they were still copper core.

After installing them I noticed a slight surge feeling at part throttle,  WOT is fine. Plugs were gapped to .032, now about 3 weeks ago I replaced my Torque Converter and installed 3" cat - less downpipes. Well before all that my onboard computer said a avg MPG of 16-17. Now I I'm hitting 13-15mpg max and I have fixed boost leaks and vacuum leaks. It seems that it is slowly getting more hesitation in Tiptronic mode. In full auto it's harder to notice.

Also the other night I was on empty, with est. 20 miles left in tank and I got a blinking CEL along with a big buck or two. So I ran the code after pulling over and I had cylinder 4 misfire. So I figured,  I'm too low on gas So I went and put gas in. No misfires, but my MPG is still bad which I hoped the torque converter replacement for code p0471 and the exhaust upgraded would have helped my MPG out. So am I to think, time to ICM delete and Red Coils?

Or is there something else I should be looking at. I'm using NVR's Stage 2++ with a few custom changes and addictions.

Any ideas?

What's up Audiman85 check for cracks on the porcelain of the spark plug. I had iridiums in before & car started hesitating. I swapped in ngk bkr7e v power #4644 gapped @.034 & car runs good now. Smother the porcelain & boot with dielectric grease. Thanks again for the coil conversion help!

2000 Audi S4 6spd
Stage 2+
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: