Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Flashing and tweaking a GIAC tuned B5 S4  (Read 5689 times)
yti21x7

« on: November 13, 2011, 11:43:11 AM »

I'm looking to correct a couple of annoyances in my AWE tuned Stage 3  B5 S4. I've heard GIAC does things that make it hard  to modify their builds, but at this point my question is if I use the nefmoto software and take an image of the GIAC tuned box will that image work if I just flash it unmodified to another ECU to play with? I guess the alternative would be to start with one of the images here and start developing things more from scratch.
yti21x7

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 03:14:40 PM »

Well, the test ECU took the GIAC flash without an error but the car doesn't start so something appears not to have worked. I read in another thread that some of the GIAC flashes inhibit reading but I didn't get any errors when I read out the flash of the source ECU. I guess my question at this point is there any other way to try this? Should I try something other than the nefmoto software to do the flash?
julex

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 03:12:33 PM »

Too many things that with be wrong with it. For starters, I would take that image and compare it to known build like M-box to see if it resembles it at all. For all we know, unless you read it off in boot mode with galletto, the tune might have served you bogus data, scrambled data or encrypted image for which you might require EEPROM content moved to new ECU moved as well for proper decryption....

The flashed ECU, does nefmoto communicate ok with it after flash or is it a brick now?

yti21x7

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 06:22:08 PM »

Well, it completed the flash w/o any errors but I didn't check it again with nefmoto after that. I think I did a Vag scan after it didn't start and it was clean, no errors. For now I just put the source ECU back in until I get time to work with it again.
infinkc

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 01:43:05 PM »

Well, it completed the flash w/o any errors but I didn't check it again with nefmoto after that. I think I did a Vag scan after it didn't start and it was clean, no errors. For now I just put the source ECU back in until I get time to work with it again.

it needs the eeprom data also.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: