Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Help to read this chipped 4B0 906 018 CH  (Read 24508 times)
kls

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 03:50:32 PM »

I believe Galletto just uses standard FTDI usb to serial converter drivers, the interface looks like a regular com port to the computer, the software verifies a stored serial #.

I got my board which is similar to yours soldered into an ECU and read it out using boot mode. The dump appears to work fine in a stock ECU but does fail one checksum. Its likely one that isn't checked as I've run the ECU on the bench for several days now with no checksum faults appearing(I've also rebooted it many time)

edit - two pics of the board I have:

« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 03:58:35 PM by kls » Logged
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2011, 02:34:17 AM »

I believe Galletto just uses standard FTDI usb to serial converter drivers, the interface looks like a regular com port to the computer, the software verifies a stored serial #.

I got my board which is similar to yours soldered into an ECU and read it out using boot mode. The dump appears to work fine in a stock ECU but does fail one checksum. Its likely one that isn't checked as I've run the ECU on the bench for several days now with no checksum faults appearing(I've also rebooted it many time)

edit - two pics of the board I have:

Thanks for the reply. It seems when getting a friend to help with computers for free it takes twice as long than paying someone. It's no big deal. I'm just waiting to be able to read this thing. What do you mean you had the eeprom desoldered off the board and soldered into another ecu? I thought it needed the smaller chip to go through to get a viable read? But you say the bin looked fine? I'm just curious, thanks.

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2011, 03:33:25 PM »

NefMoto software should be able to read this ECU. The log output you posted indicates a communication error and not a tune that prevents reading over OBD. Can you post a log file?

Boot mode reading is coming, and I already have the basics working. I need to release my data logger and support Windows XP first though.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 05:59:08 PM »

NefMoto software should be able to read this ECU. The log output you posted indicates a communication error and not a tune that prevents reading over OBD. Can you post a log file?

Boot mode reading is coming, and I already have the basics working. I need to release my data logger and support Windows XP first though.

Sorry for the delayed response, I didn't notice anyone had posted in this thread. I found what my problem was, dead battery, and my eBay cable wouldn't stay connected. It was driving me nuts. After I put a battery charger on it, and changed to a rosstech cable it worked beautifully. Thanks.

www.MWPropane.com
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2011, 03:26:19 PM »

Good to know. Thanks for letting us know what fixed your problem.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
Rick

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2011, 07:50:19 AM »

To confrim, Nefmoto read it?
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2011, 08:27:29 AM »

To confrim, Nefmoto read it?

Yes sir it did. I was astonished and very excited.

www.MWPropane.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: