Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Finding 100% load cap at ME7.1.1 NA ECU  (Read 5276 times)
letsgoo

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2023, 04:11:49 AM »

This is not about measuring air going into the cylinder, it is about torque management.
Re-read what I wrote. Or even better, become at least a little less ignorant on how the ECU works.

My guess; the turbo boost is based on exhaust gas volume and therefore varies? Engine load dependant, ie different gears etc

Even with an external boostcontroller the ECU wouldn't get the requested airmass(cylinder fill) because the same throttle angle would give different airmass, dependent on external, uncontrolled, factors.

Yes keeps forgetting this isn't standalone logic Embarrassed

Blazius

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2023, 09:11:40 AM »

You can get it running wot pretty easily but everything else will be a joke as explained.

The next step is to implement prj's boost control or something similar Smiley For that you will need c167/st10 experience.

Or pay someone do it.
lgtmelo

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2023, 11:57:08 AM »

You can get it running wot pretty easily but everything else will be a joke as explained.

The next step is to implement prj's boost control or something similar Smiley For that you will need c167/st10 experience.

Or pay someone do it.

i dont get it. why wouldnt it be good enough if you have a range of rpm and throttle to work with?
cherry

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2023, 12:44:49 PM »

Because you need to open throttle complete from specific load, not from pedal. It makes no sense to make boost with half closed throttle. Maybe open throttle from pedal much earlier and feed some external boost controller by pedal signal too, not from throttle position. But i guess it will drive like a very old turbo car with bad to handle boost, so hard to regulate torque.
prj

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2023, 08:18:28 AM »

Because you need to open throttle complete from specific load, not from pedal. It makes no sense to make boost with half closed throttle. Maybe open throttle from pedal much earlier and feed some external boost controller by pedal signal too, not from throttle position. But i guess it will drive like a very old turbo car with bad to handle boost, so hard to regulate torque.

You can feed external controller with pssol_w. This is what my boost pid code does.
Additionally there needs to be a patch to throttle controller so it knows what is minimum boost (gate boost) and force it to go WOT any time request is over that, otherwise it won't go WOT properly.
On top of all that, to calculate msdk properly it needs to know pressure pre-throttle and pressure in manifold.. If it knows base boost and base boost is not ridiculously high, then it is possible to do this fairly OK from a fixed map filled with the base boost pressure ratio, however the pressure in manifold requirement means that the model must be adjusted fully to show correct values OR it needs to be a speed density setup.

Let me put it this way - those of you who need to ask why this is necessary do not understand how the ECU works, and you're best case years away from getting it right, that is if you have embedded/comp-sci backtround and worst case light years if you don't even know asm.
Until you do, trying to do a turbo project on N/A ECU will end up in a car that drives like shit every time. There will be massive cuts on part throttle. It won't go WOT when needed etc. Or the throttle torque control will be utterly destroyed so it drives more or less like a cable throttle car. But of course forget automatic gearbox and ESP working properly.

Most of the cars you see done by various "tuners" drive like shit or have torque control completely destroyed.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 03:59:29 PM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2023, 03:58:42 PM »

Anyone asking "why do I have to do this" really means "I don't want to do it, I don't know how to do it, and I won't do it, I just want to be told it will be fine".

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
lgtmelo

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2023, 08:10:10 AM »

Anyone asking "why do I have to do this" really means "I don't want to do it, I don't know how to do it, and I won't do it, I just want to be told it will be fine".

or im simply stupid and dont know how it works, but am looking to understand.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: