Pages: [1]
Author Topic: C5 A6 avant- 4.2/01e swap.. success??  (Read 2897 times)
Werty123

« on: August 24, 2023, 10:36:57 AM »

Hello. Recently acquired an a6 avant with the 4.2/6spd swap mechanically complete. Now the past month I've been researching for soft coding modules to work with the manual flash ECU.
I will post vcds scan if it helps, but now to the problem. Finally got soft coding accepted for cluster, abs, and ECU. No lights no codes, other than various interior faults. Which is where I am stumped. Car will not rev past 4500rpm AFTER SUCCESSFUL SOFT CODING. So i am looking for other possibilities. It appears there is a soft limiter when in neutral, which makes a bit of sense, seeing as clutch pedal hasn't been wired in yet. My question, will clutch switch wiring cause ECU to assume car is in neutral at all times, er go limiter at 4500? Or is there another safety feature I could be missing. Still doing my due diligence but if I could get a direction to start that would be awesome!
For what it's worth: coils all resistance checked between pins, MAF swapped with new Delphi unit(unsure if slight manufacturing difference will matter) injector tested for action with vcds,
Logged for misfires, (none) exhaust checked for leaks pre 02s, tested between open cone filter and stock box, intake manifold restored to functionality, injectors cleaned(though definitely stock) timing was checked on purchase (possible ½tooth discrepancy, but I may not have had tdc set perfectly at the time, no major difference between banks on measuring blocks)
Otherwise, the car ran better before coding, which was the only major change of the day, other than coil pack connectors. Thanks for your time!
Werty123

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023, 02:17:11 PM »

Just to end this post, it was the vehicle speed sensor located by the hub. Cleaned both and we rev freely again.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: