Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Recommendation on hardware  (Read 3094 times)
JPower

« on: November 03, 2013, 03:10:34 PM »

Hello everybody!

As I am new in ECU tuning (do not want to earn money with). I need some hardware to start with reading/flashing ECUs. I have an old Golf III GTI where I want to read/write the ECU, an EDC15 diesel and then would also like to do an EDC16 diesel from my best friend. Therefore I need to appropriate programmer for the old Golf respectively flash tool for the newer cars. Hope that someone could help me.

Programmer:

Decided to look for an BX40 Bagero II programmer. Since I have no experience with ECU flashing or even with programming I would like to ask you, if you could recommend that programmer? Found here on the board recommendation for the True USB PRO GQ-4X which is cheaper. So if the last one is also good for ECU tuning pupose it would be better since it is cheaper as I don't want to become professional tuner at that point of time.

Flasher:

The Nefmoto Wiki http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page recommends the Galletto 1260 Flashing Cable in combination with the NefMoto ECU Flashing Software. Since most of the content here is related to Bosch ME I am not sure, if i could read/flash the desired EDC15 and EDC16 control units with that combination of software and hardware. Therefore I wanted to ask which flasher to use for my undertaking? Is this combination just fine or do I need an other flasher? Should be one which is reasonably afforable since I won't earn money with it.

The most affordable one would be the SMPS MPPS V12.0.0.6 USB K-CAN Flasher I think, but there are also some other ones and so I am not sure. There is also Galletto V1250 USB Flasher or KWP2000+. I often read about problems concerning the Galletto flasher so maybe it is because most of the selled flashers are just a copy of the original Galletto. The difference between V1250 and V1260 is just concerning the USB speed, if I am right?

Thanks a lot for your help!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 02:15:43 AM by JPower » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: