Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2000 Porsche Boxster Immo bypass  (Read 5834 times)
vwaudiguy

« on: August 10, 2016, 10:04:05 AM »

I have someone asking if I can do this. Car is supposedly on the way for me to take a look, and read the ecu, or at least get the numbers off, so I can at least know what I'm dealing with. Immo is interm keeping the car from starting (cranking). Rather than repairing the system, he prefers to completely bypass it. Any thoughts, or hints? Google has some info, but nothing really concrete. Thanks!

Here's some info I was able to gather.

Motronic 7.2
0 261 204 790

Porsche fault code 39 Immobilizer

Car cranks, but won't fire. After sitting for 20 minutes, it will start. I heard mention of water in the floor, and the alarm module (mounted under the driver's seat) was replaced at some point in time. I would guess the harness plug is corroded, based on other water cars I've seen. I'm not sure if there's even anything to be done in the ecu (like ME7) mainly because of this secondary alarm box. It obviously acts as a starter kill, maybe it also interrupts ignition. I'm planning on looking through the wiring diagram later. Maybe the whole shebang can be hardware bypassed? Person also mentioned it seemed to get much more frequent after adding some aftermarket radio device. Possibly gumming up the k-line, after it's already having a hard time making it through a corroded connector on the alarm box. Could be a lot of things, which is why I thought it would be easier (less expensive) to just eliminate the whole system, since the person is ok with it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 12:38:36 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Carsinc

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 06:37:05 PM »

I dont know at all, but I would bet it is starter kill only.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 06:38:45 PM »

I suggested he jump the starter, and even doing that still no start.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
dbreeze

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 07:38:40 PM »

This might help. Looks like it may cover both spark and fuel.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: