Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 1.8T with K04-064 (Too much boost and low air mass and load)  (Read 13334 times)
Manu_BTS

Hi everyone!

I´m here a few years ago, reading and learning everything I could, but everthing is going wrong with my project.

First for all, it´s a Seat Ibiza Cupra 6L with a 032RP ecu, OEM engine internals, 3" catless downpipe and 2,5" middle and rear exhaust, 80mm custom made inletpipe (with DV, OIL and vacuum plugs), Seat Sport FMIC, Bosch 550CC @4Bar, Fuel Performance high flow pump 265l/h (similar to DW65), OEM intake box with K&N filter, Forge 007 DV with blue spring, K04-064 from 2.0TFSI 265/271hp engines with OEM TFSi N75 adapted to 20VT N75 plug.

Since I drive this project for the first time my boost was to high, I have done several logs with VCDS (I´m not able to install ME7 logger in my WIN10 laptop and I don´t know why), and I see after spool 2550mbar of specified and actual boost (my boost gauge confirm that) till 6500 rpm with a properly reescaled IRL/IOP to 208% load and 191% in LDRXN. But the problem is I see in the logs a maximun load of 190% only at 3500 rpm, at other rpm steps load is lower (170/180%) and my peak of airmass is 190-196g/s at 6000 rpm.

I´ve check my MLHFM, KFMLDMX and single value for HFM max reading (a 225hp BAM one) and it´s perfect, I have 180hp OEM sensor in a 80MM body (the same as BAM engine), my fuelling is good (not perfect because y need to fix a bit my TVUB) but we could say that it´s fine.

I don´t know what is the problem, maybe torque monitoring (I have not any problem with my old K03S and since this don´t change it), my maf sensor it´s ok, with my K03s give readings about 167/172g/s.

Any tip for check please?

If the .bin or VCDS logs (I know VCDS sucks) is needed, I could post it.

Regards!

FILES IN REPLY #9 AND LOGS IN REPLY #10
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 10:35:27 AM by Manu_BTS » Logged
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 05:35:38 AM »

First off swap back to thr proper n75. They are nit the same brand and will not react the same. Trying to get pid right will be fun enough om its own besides trying to calibrate a new 3 port valve.
 No logs how do you expect to figure out whats wrong. Yes vcds logs are shitty and a waste of time f9r situations like this

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Manu_BTS

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 06:17:21 AM »

First off swap back to thr proper n75. They are nit the same brand and will not react the same. Trying to get pid right will be fun enough om its own besides trying to calibrate a new 3 port valve.
 No logs how do you expect to figure out whats wrong. Yes vcds logs are shitty and a waste of time f9r situations like this

My PID is a copy on all the maps coming from a TFSI with that turbo, to get the TFSI N75 valve functional.

At night (here in Spain) when I go home, I´ll post all logs I have and my bin.

Thanks!
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 07:09:40 AM »

My PID is a copy on all the maps coming from a TFSI with that turbo, to get the TFSI N75 valve functional.

At night (here in Spain) when I go home, I´ll post all logs I have and my bin.

Thanks!
COOL YOU COPIED ALL THE PID MAPS TO THE WRONG ENGINE.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
KasperH

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 07:23:36 AM »

Why would you put a incompatible n75 valve on your me7 ecu and just copy maps from a med9 ecu and expect it to work?

The N75 valve works the same regardless of what turbo is on the engine.
It's part of the engine management system and not the turbo.

Did you rescale the appropriate maps to a 80mm MAF housing?

2550mbar is the max the MAP sensor can read, if you intend on running more than 1.5 bar of boost I would recommend you do the 5120 hack.

And that turbo is capable of much more load than 208.
Manu_BTS

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 07:35:07 AM »

COOL YOU COPIED ALL THE PID MAPS TO THE WRONG ENGINE.

Can you explain me, if that´s true, why some people runs with k04-064 and TFSI N75 valve without any problem? Just for learning of course..

I haven´t got any problem with the PID (no overshoot, no underboost, anything) just too much boost because ECU asks for it (even with a lower LDRXN for that pressure) and the N75 works to get it, but WITH THE PROBLEM that getting low load and low air mass readings for that pressure, even with throttle valve 100% open (no corrections then).

Please, read througly a then, think before posting
Manu_BTS

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 07:40:53 AM »

Why would you put a incompatible n75 valve on your me7 ecu and just copy maps from a med9 ecu and expect it to work?

The N75 valve works the same regardless of what turbo is on the engine.
It's part of the engine management system and not the turbo.

Did you rescale the appropriate maps to a 80mm MAF housing?

2550mbar is the max the MAP sensor can read, if you intend on running more than 1.5 bar of boost I would recommend you do the 5120 hack.

And that turbo is capable of much more load than 208.

Hi KasperH, I use that N75 valve because it comes with de "plug and play" kit that I bought, and many people use this kit here in Spain without any problem.

I did the properly adjustments to 80MM MAF housing.

The problem is that I don´t wanna running 2550mbar at least in mid range to save my rods, and if I lower LDRXN to 160-170 (for example), to tapper boost, it´s still the same, 2550mbar specified and 2550mbar read till the turbo spool up.

Thanks in advance!
KasperH

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 07:52:39 AM »

Hi KasperH, I use that N75 valve because it comes with de "plug and play" kit that I bought, and many people use this kit here in Spain without any problem.

I did the properly adjustments to 80MM MAF housing.

The problem is that I don´t wanna running 2550mbar at least in mid range to save my rods, and if I lower LDRXN to 160-170 (for example), to tapper boost, it´s still the same, 2550mbar specified and 2550mbar read till the turbo spool up.

Thanks in advance!

What cylinder filling maps have you changed? Beside IRL & LDRXN?

Since you can't log with me7logger can you at least post original and modified .bin?
Manu_BTS

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 07:58:21 AM »

What cylinder filling maps have you changed? Beside IRL & LDRXN?

Since you can't log with me7logger can you at least post original and modified .bin?

Yes I know that´s complicated without ME7L.

As soon as I go home I upload every logs, ori and mod bin.

Thanks!
Manu_BTS

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 09:04:56 AM »

Ori and mod!

Fillings maps modified by ME7 Tuning Wizzard or KFMIOP Calculator, it´s the same.

Later when I have my laptop, I upload screenshots of my logs.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 09:07:38 AM by Manu_BTS » Logged
Manu_BTS

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 10:34:47 AM »

Some logs from last weekend. I hope it helps...
KasperH

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 11:09:41 AM »

Just from the looks of it, it seems like its a maf scaling issue.

Your intake temps are a little on the high side?

Have you FF'ed KFLDHBN or just raised the limit?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 11:39:10 AM »

I´m not able to install ME7 logger in my WIN10 laptop and I don´t know why

Don't bother doing anything until you figure out what the problem is

There is nothing to "install". It is a command line program.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
KasperH

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 11:56:28 AM »

Don't bother doing anything until you figure out what the problem is

There is nothing to "install". It is a command line program.

Agreed, it would make things 100x easier.

Some logs from last weekend. I hope it helps...

What are your LTFT?
Manu_BTS

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 01:27:25 PM »

Thanks Nyet and KasperH. Yes, my IATs are a little high, higher than I would like.

I have maxes (or FF'd) KFLDHBN for testing purposes, I would like to tapper boost at 2300mbar in mid range and progressively increase boost to revlimit.

At the log moment de file was wrote recently  in the ecu, I must see LFTS, but at the moment the car was leaking through the oil filter bracket heavily. (Oil leak of course)

ASAP I get my new oil filter bracket I will check my LFTS.

KasperH, if you check it, the maf have been properly adjusted.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: