Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do I have torque intervention  (Read 7642 times)
Dave9n3

« on: March 06, 2016, 10:54:15 AM »

Had a tune on my car for a while now. LDRXN increased, LAMFA modified as is KRKTE so i can run a 4bar.

When at wot the car feels like it pulls hard, then not so hard, then hard, then not so hard etc etc. Its almost like it surges after something holds it back.

I'm running stick timing (which is fairly advanced) , stock IOP and IRL. I numbed ARMD as per the wiki by using 100 as my value in the final two columns of those maps (DARO) just to try and see if this was the problem as i dont have the bits to be able to log that. No change in symptoms.

I have logs, and i think I've logged as many relevant variables as possible out of the ones me7info generates automaticaly.

I also read this from the wiki:

If there is requested load intervention, you will see mifa following mimax instead of mrfa, and thus a different rlsol result from KFMIRL than expected.
If there is torque intervention, you will see mizsolv (specified torque) drop from following mibas (actual torque) to following misolv (requested torque). The less actual torque exceeds requested torque the milder the intervention. Note that MAF calibration has a large effect on the difference between requested torque and actual torque. An underscaled MAF may result in actual torque reading very low.

I logged mifa and mrfa and they are very different (picture attached) I'm not able to log mimax so cant confirm that mifa is following that,  though it doesn't look like its following mrfa.

If i could i'd log the torque intervention variables but don't have the know how to find the RAM locations and add them to my config and .ecu file but I dont have the skills to do that.

On another post Phila_dot helped me out and said if zwist = zwsol then its torque intervention. if zwist == zwbas it's not

It seems that zwist follows zwsol. Fairly certain that its torque intervention but I'm not sure how i go about getting rid of the interventions.
Dave9n3

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 01:32:00 AM »

Managed to get mifa to follow mrfa now after modifying the last two lines of IRL, changing the axis of IOP and increasing the last line of that table. So now my requested load and it properly follows my LDRXN.

I'm still getting similar timing problems where zwist follows zwsol. It has improved higher up in the rev range around 5k onwards, though I'm confused as to why lower down it still looks like the timing is being held back lower down in the revs. I'm getting no timing CF's either, does anyone know of a possible solution.
Dave9n3

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 04:25:02 PM »

Numbed ARMD as per the wiki, i also disabled torque intervention with UOF and UFIL to try and see if these were the cause of the problem. Stared with only ARMD disabled, still the same timing issue. Then with both disabled and i still seem to be seeing weird ignition timing.

I'm at a loss as to what it could be. Timing seems to try and meet zwbasar but then as soon as it gets there its then quickly pulled back, until around 5k revs onwards where it seems to follow zwbasar.

Attached a log and pictures of my new IRL and IOP so I believe the load is no longer capped. I understand this is not the correct way to tune IOP and IRL but its the best I can do at this present time. Hoping someone may have had a similar experience and can give me some guidance.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 04:30:45 PM »

That kinda still looks like ARMD

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Dave9n3

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 04:44:17 PM »

I was reading the stage 1 community project and saw a lot of stuff about it. I think you guys eventually ruled out in that specific case it wasn't because of how the timing looked. Mine does look a lot different to the one in the stage 1

I believe I disabled it correctly, however I'm no expert. I just 99'd the last two rows of DARO 0,1,2 & 3

do you think i should try numbing the following that you noted in the wiki?

KFDMDAROS (0x1DEDC)
KFDMDADP (0x1DE1C)
SMK08MDSW (mkar_w axis) (0x1DF8E)
DMARMX (0x19B9D) - tmot axis @0x19B97
KIFZGHG
Dave9n3

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 07:43:23 AM »

Thanks Nyet!

Just disabled Dashpot and DAROS now my timing looks like this  Grin Finally after being stuck for a while I can add some more load and try some simple timing changes  Tongue

Tshirt2k

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 09:59:37 AM »

When you say disabled.l, is it whole table or just certain rows?

I'm having these problems too with large swings in timing.
Dave9n3

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 12:28:27 PM »

Look just a couple of posts above, I changed the last two rows to 100 Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: