Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: fuel cut-off (SA): bit b_sa set to 1 on decel = injector still squirting away  (Read 18824 times)
nyet
Administrator

Think about it this way, what if you go off throttle at 6000rpm?

Thats a SHITLOAD of fuel if you are still squrting TEMIN * 6 * 6000 / 2

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
elRey

func ESWE
jibberjive

I believe that too large of TEMIN will give you weird rich off or low throttle, fuel dumped in overrun which will result in AFRs dwelling in rich area for few seconds ending in overshooting into lean once lambda control overshoots and popping when resuming throttle.
Would this cause the revs to hang longer off-throttle?  Something I've noticed with my TEMIN where you have yours, though I'm not sure it is the cause.

For example:
1000cc / 350cc = 2.85
0.50 / 2.85 = 0.175 TEMIN

Just from a feeling, that seems pretty low. Have you tried that value on your 1000cc's, and what were your observations if so?
s5fourdoor

i'm running .20 on ev14's 52# injectors which are operating as 625 cc/min @ 4-bar.  i think my tune has this a tad low and that his calculation of .50/(625/350) = .28 should be more accurate.

having calculated this at work, i got home and changed only this constant on my current tune.  i've never had the car this smooth while cold since it was stage 2.  however, i now need to adjust my tvub values - which i expected.  the car was running quite rich, which makes sense because the idle component of the (idle + tvub) went from 1.00ms to 1.08ms, an increase of 8%.

thanks to the knowledge here, i'm going to update my tvub calculation spreadsheet to reflect this information.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:25:09 PM by nehalem » Logged
setzi62

Also, ball park napkin calcs tells me that TEMIN during cutoff is still quite a bit of fuel.

I am skeptical that the injectors are still firing..

I also don't believe that fuel is dumped when off the gas pedal.
As phil said, fuel cutoff is done after ti got computed:
Fuel cutoff is applied after the calculation of ti_b1(2).

It is applied to ti_ev0...7 in ACIFI.

So you can still log ti > 0, but the injector is not opened in reality.
The injection driver code finally decides which cylinder really gets
injection and which one not.
The bitmask evz_austot is used to disable injection on cylinder basis.
If a bit is set to 1 in this bitmask, the coresponding cylinder doesn't get fuel.

You can log the following two variables in M-Box to see wether injection takes place or not:
redist          , {Inj-Reduction} , 0x380B92, 1, 0x0000, {#} , 0, 0, 1, 0, {Ist-Reduzierstufe}
evz_austot   , {Inj-Cut-Mask}  , 0x380B90, 1, 0x0000, {-} , 0, 0, 1, 0, {Einspritzausblendmuster total}

'redist' is just the number of 1-bits in evz_austot, so this is the current reduction step which
should read 6 if all cylinders see a fuel cut and 0 for normal operation.
'evz_austot' shows which cylinders are cut. Unfortunately you will have to convert this value in logfiles
by yourself from decimal to a hex value or a binary value to see which bits are set/cleared therein.
julex

Thanks Setzi.
nyet
Administrator

as usual setzi is awesome.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Snow Trooper

as usual setzi is awesome.

2nd 3rd and 4th!

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
kenmac

This morning, when I went to update my TEMIN value to accommodate the increase in flow from my stock 1.8T AWP EV6 314cc injectors, to my TT225 BAM 386cc EV12's, I noticed that the stock bin for the 1.8T AWP and the 1.8T TT225 BAM have identical TEMIN values (0.75).  Is this an oversight from the factory?  Or am I missing something here?
julex

I think the value is low enough on most tunes to never go into effect actually
bk56190

Hi guys,

I would like to disable fuel-cut off on my ECU ( to make back-fires in exhaust when decelerating ).

I read ACIFI, but it's not clear how to do. Can somebody help me?
Rick

Few ways,

change rate of change of RPM for activation, or EGT threshold are a couple.
bk56190

Hi Rick,

In ACIFI module ? or in MDRED ?
bk56190

I found KFTVSA in BBSAWE Module :

KFTVSA Delay time for overrun fuel cut-f

I'll try  Grin
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: