Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Questions about SAI, N249, etc.  (Read 4549 times)
Terror_Flynn

« on: April 07, 2014, 07:10:44 AM »

Hi!

I wonder if somebody wants to explain pros and con's and functions about evap, SAI, N249 valve etc. ? (1.8t)

This is probably basic stuff for most of the users on this forum I think. But I wanted to do this thread anyway, maybe it helps a few others too.

If I delete those things what problems can come up, smog test failures?
Loss of safety features for the engine?

What things can I benefit from when I do the deletes?

Could be good to have the all the answers and explanations wrapped up in one thread.

Audi A4 Avant 1.8t Quattro -2001 (AWT)
adam-

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 08:41:14 AM »

With regards to the N249:
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/554859-N249-delete-Why-you-should-not-do-it

SAI is just removed because the pump fails, and it takes up space.  It's used to heat up the cat faster, so with a decat is becomes redundant.  That, and it takes up valuable bay space! Smiley

Evap only works for 5k - it keeps the hippies happy.

Code it out, the ECU doesn't throw a code because it knows not to look for it.
Terror_Flynn

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 12:32:47 PM »

I'm gonna keep the N249.

If I delete the SAI, can I still pass an emission test if I drive the car long enough to heat up the cat before the test?

Am I gonna smell gas fumes if I do the EVAP delete?

Do I need to get resistors for those deletes?

Am I gonna feel some sort of difference with  rougher idle or something like that? (Not a problem, just curious)

I want to make some more space under the hood and also delete stuff that are prone to break on an old car like mine.
But in the same time I want to pass emission tests.

Audi A4 Avant 1.8t Quattro -2001 (AWT)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: