Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Looking for addresses for skc/vin/keys/immo/mileage in a cluster dump  (Read 16356 times)
digitalhippie

Some of you may have seen my other thread about swapping clusters in an 01 Allroad.  I'm trying to get rid of my flashing immo light w/o having to buy new key rfid pills.  I was told that I could copy the information from my old cluster dump, to my new cluster dump... then flash it to the new cluster and be done with it.  But I can't find any specific information about the location of this data in the cluster dump.  I saw the other thread where f1torrents helped someone do the same thing, but he did it for them and there was no discussion of data addresses.  I can diff his two files and see what he changed, but that was for a different cluster than mine and I want to be sure before I brick my new cluster (that actually has a working MFD!)...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 05:33:13 AM by digitalhippie » Logged
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 05:42:27 AM »

If your old cluster is paired with keys / ecu, write the "old" cluster EEPROM to the "new one boom done all info including Milage , skc, paired keys will all be transferred

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
digitalhippie

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 06:20:46 AM »

Except I was already told by someone that that will brick the cluster.  And I've seen your thread where you bricked someone's cluster.  So I'll wait for the actual information, thanks.
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 06:57:40 AM »

first off that was a newer cluster then yours and I have first hand done it no problem. second being smug (like you know the answer) isnt going to get you ANY help... good luck...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 07:03:49 AM by Marty » Logged

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
digitalhippie

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 07:06:20 AM »

If you can't answer the question being asked, maybe you can just not give out bad information... I've seen multiple threads where you were told this is not a good idea... about how there are multiple encryption keys used to pair the MCU, and if they're mismatched you will brick the cluster.  Just stop yourself, get over yourself, move on.
digitalhippie

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 07:09:43 AM »

NOOO!!!!!

It will brick, and require soldering, programming the correct bit mask encrypted dump directly to the eeprom, then resoldering.

I'll take his word over yours, sorry Marty
_nameless

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 07:15:58 AM »

Sorry, If thats what daz said its gold and this is why... Lucky for me I had the same one

There are 3 different bitmasks MCU's between years. Get the wrong one, insta-brick that can only be recovered with soldering, and reprogramming an encrypted backup directly to the eeprom.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 07:34:14 AM by Marty » Logged

digitalhippie

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 09:29:34 AM »

Which is what I already said... and why your advice was bad.

Now, does anyone know the actual answer to my question?
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 10:47:25 AM »

Which is what I already said... and why your advice was bad.

Now, does anyone know the actual answer to my question?

With the GLI clusters you can do this, but you will get a DEF error. That can be cleared if you recode because the cluster will recalculate the checksum. HOWEVER, this doesn't appear to work on the 02+ A6 clusters.

It won't brick it (flashing a file with a bad checksum), so if you have the eeprom of the ecu we can try it, but I need to see the ecu eeprom in order to identify the data needed in the 01 cluster.

What I would suggest is installing the new cluster, then adapting that cluster to the ecu. After that, the new cluster will have the same immo ID as the old one, and key matching used keys won't be an issue.

As for bricking, I am beyond certain that flashing the 01 binary to the 04 cluster will SUPER brick it. I have done it, I have fixed the problem for others that have done it. It is a shitty job.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
digitalhippie

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 10:53:01 AM »

I can't adapt it without playing around... see my other thread.  So copying the data would be easier.

My other thread you were helping out in: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6530.0title=
ECU bin is posted there too.

Also, not looking to have you do it for me.  Would really appreciate learning how to do it myself if possible.  Thanks.
ddillenger

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 11:27:31 AM »

Your old (cluster) pin is 02300 (and by association, that is your ecu login as well)
Your new (cluster) pin is 02083

That is all you need to adapt. If for some reason the 04 dash won't accept the pin, we can reflash a NEW compatible bin to it, then try again. My advice, download teamviewer and let me take a wack at it. Send me your user ID and PW in an email if you'd like to do it Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
digitalhippie

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 01:51:18 PM »

I already know my pins.  And I've already tried to adapt.  Someone previously flashed a 551L tune w/o immo to this ECU so the new dash won't pair.  Even if it did pair, my understanding from turboat (and reading other threads) is that the rfid pills (immo3) are no good and I'd need new ones.  All of that is in my other thread.  I don't need help with any of that.

What I need help with is copying the info for skc/keys/vin from the old cluster dump to the new cluster dump, so that I won't have to adapt, and my immo light won't be flashing, and I won't need new rfid pills, and I won't have to flash my ECU 3 times to get it done...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 01:57:36 PM by digitalhippie » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 02:35:35 PM »

I already know my pins.  And I've already tried to adapt.  Someone previously flashed a 551L tune w/o immo to this ECU so the new dash won't pair.  Even if it did pair, my understanding from turboat (and reading other threads) is that the rfid pills (immo3) are no good and I'd need new ones.  All of that is in my other thread.  I don't need help with any of that.

What I need help with is copying the info for skc/keys/vin from the old cluster dump to the new cluster dump, so that I won't have to adapt, and my immo light won't be flashing, and I won't need new rfid pills, and I won't have to flash my ECU 3 times to get it done...

And what I'm telling you is that without a method of correcting the checksums, your dash will read DEF. This isn't the mk4 where you can simply recode to fix them. The proper way (and the way I would have done it if we had teamviewed) is to re-enable the immobilizer by flashing the correct file to the ecu. After that, pair the NEW dash to the OLD ecu. That will keep the immobilizer ID that the keys have been matched to so that they can then be rematched to the new cluster. After which, flash the ecu with whatever you want, it'll all be paired.

The lock data is at 0x790, 0x798, and 0x7A0.

In your old dump it is:
87 A4 47 3C C4 71 76

The login code is at 0x7E2, 0x7E4, 0x7E6

In your old dump it is:
FC08

Then you have the vin and immo ID which is stored above it in an obvious location. Attached is the new dump, with the old immobilizer data. I haven't worked out the checksum routine yet, so this will likely read DEF. You can try recoding, or even reprogramming the mileage to see if the checksum is recalculated, but IDK. The standard disclaimer applies, I am not responsible for anything resulting from the use of this bin. With that said, I think you're safe to experiment.

Like I said, adapting it is the proper way to do it, but it seems as though you don't want to hear that.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
digitalhippie

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 02:43:41 PM »

It's not that I don't want to hear that, it's that I was told in my other thread that the rfid pills couldn't be re-used.  Now that you've explained it the way you did, it makes sense.  Since the new dash will take on the immo id from the ecu, the keys can still be re-paired.  OK, I get that now.  Thank you.

I bought this car used and I'm just trying to fix issues caused by previous people's meddling.  Can you confirm for me that I should be able to flash the stock allroad ecu bin, pair the dash immo, pair the keys, then flash back the current ecu bin w/o bootmode?

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 02:49:37 PM by digitalhippie » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 02:52:20 PM »

What I would suggest is installing the new cluster, then adapting that cluster to the ecu. After that, the new cluster will have the same immo ID as the old one, and key matching used keys won't be an issue.

All you must do is make sure to first adapt the cluster to the ecu, not the ecu to the cluster. The only time you have to worry about not being able to reuse the RFID transponders is if you don't have any of the original files.

As you have both the ecu AND the cluster, this is very easy. The only shitty part is like you said, there will be some games involved due to the incorrect flash being loaded onto the ecu currently.

BUT, it'll be fun-lol.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: