Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Different Throttle Bodies?  (Read 6500 times)
rob.mwpropane

« on: September 29, 2011, 02:52:58 AM »

Hey everybody, I guess this message is geared more towards 1.8t because we have a much smaller throttle body than S4, TT, etc. I have read elsewhere that changing the throttle body to a bigger model can have positive effect on airflow. If this is true, does it have to be "tuned" for? I've looked at some maps and tried reading the funktions..., but I just wanted to bounce the idea off people with more knowledge. Fwiw, in the old days with dbc it was pretty plug and play, but I've never had experience with dbw. Thanks.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/333267-TECH-TEST-1-OF-3-Throttle-Body-Sizing?p=4731562&styleid=12

I know every party involved in that thread had something to gain, so actual data could of been skewed. One post says that ecu needed modification, and another said plug and play? Thoughts?

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
RaraK

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 09:10:23 AM »

R32 TB on my old 1.8t BT , plug and play!  to do it right you must change PID i would think, but whatever, it worked fine for me.
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 12:57:27 PM »

I think R32 is 75mm? Its good to know that worked well. I was thinking of a 70mm S4 TB, and MAF from the same parts car. Should be easy enough. How was your idle/throttle response? I was told maybe to play with KFWDKMSN and its inverse, KFMSNWDK. I haven't had time to even look where its at yet. Thanks.

Edited: wrong maps listed
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 04:30:24 AM by rob.mwpropane » Logged

www.MWPropane.com
TTQS
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 02:12:30 AM »

I was told maybe to play with TKWDKMSN and its inverse.

Hi Rob.

Good to know we can just retro-fit a Golf/Rabbit R32 throttle body. Off topic, but I'm thinking of getting a Forge de-baffled charge pipe as my next physical mod. It's cheap enough and it must be a good thing to remove restrictions immediately after the turbo.

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=010601&product=FM225BHP

From FUEDK 21.90 module:

"the target throttle angle is determined via the map KFWDKMSN. This is the inverse map of KFMSNWDK (from the function %BGMSZS) and is calibrated to the built-in throttle actuator."

So those maps would be my guess. I couldn't find a TKWDKMSN. Is that just a typo?

Doug
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 04:42:05 AM »

I was told maybe to play with TKWDKMSN and its inverse.

Hi Rob.

Good to know we can just retro-fit a Golf/Rabbit R32 throttle body. Off topic, but I'm thinking of getting a Forge de-baffled charge pipe as my next physical mod. It's cheap enough and it must be a good thing to remove restrictions immediately after the turbo.

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=010601&product=FM225BHP

From FUEDK 21.90 module:

"the target throttle angle is determined via the map KFWDKMSN. This is the inverse map of KFMSNWDK (from the function %BGMSZS) and is calibrated to the built-in throttle actuator."

So those maps would be my guess. I couldn't find a TKWDKMSN. Is that just a typo?

Doug

Thanks Doug, my previous post has been modified to reflect the correct maps. As far as the charge pipe post turbo, why not? It'd cheap enough. I think the money could be better spent on a full fmic, but money could be tight (as it is on my end of the world as well). Do you plan to do the install yourself?

Does anyone else have experience changing/tuning for different throttle bodies? I'm starting to think just plug and play, with maybe a throttle body adaptation? Just got my computer back so I'll have a look at the maps that myself and TTQS posted.

www.MWPropane.com
Gonzo

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 10:32:06 AM »

R32 TB on my old 1.8t BT , plug and play!  to do it right you must change PID i would think, but whatever, it worked fine for me.

This is correct.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: