Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stupid question: can somebody explain SUMODE?  (Read 4987 times)
nyet
Administrator

« on: October 10, 2011, 11:25:42 AM »

No really, I can't figure it out.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 11:36:14 AM »

I think I am misunderstanding your question.  But if if not, its just a reference to conditions.

Like if items A, B and C all are at a  certain value, call it 1 (yes/active/passed/withing range/whatever) then its sumode 3 or maybe better yet 0.  I assume the maps that we see are the only ones needed for good conditions.  Like 0 is all = ok?

sorta shooting in the dark...

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
Pilot

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 01:43:08 AM »

I think SUMODE defines the values corresponding to possible configurations of flaps in the intake. These flaps modify the intake's effective length and resonance. In theory, when you have a boxster or V engine, you can take advantage of one side's pressure wave to improve filling of the opposite side. At least, this is what Porsche (for example) claims.

So, if you have two flaps in the intake, the possible configurations are:

Code:
SUMODE    Flap1   Flap2
--------  ------  -------
0         Closed  Closed
1         Open    Closed
2         Open    Open

Note that I could be entirely wrong on this. On the other hand, I have changed my KFSU* maps to open the flaps at different RPM's - using values defined in SUMODE* maps, so it checks out.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 09:27:41 AM »

Thanks. "Saugrohrumschaltung" is roughly "intake configuration/setting" so I guess that makes sense.

So, for the 2.7t, does it have any meaning? The only flap I know of is on the RS4 intake box.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pilot

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 01:48:50 AM »

You are welcome! I don't know about the 2.7t though. If there are no flaps then SUMODE probably does not apply. Unless, they use it to control a solenoid for something else?

I don't have the file handy but I remember that in my ME7.8, the possible SUMODE values are defined in maps named with the prefix SUMODE. If you find these maps and they contain only zeroes then it is almost certain that SUMODE does not apply for the 2.7t.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:56:14 AM by Pilot » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: