Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MED9.1 Questions  (Read 1702 times)
Pir4t

« on: September 08, 2022, 10:08:47 AM »

Hello!

I have an 8P0907115.
I bought a Maestro 7 to tune the car as winols scares me.
The maestro is not compatible with my ecu however but the 1K0907115 is.
Reading around here it looks like all MED9.1 are swappable but I will need a immo delete.

Is it possible to do this some other way? Could the 1K0(used) be flashed with immo data from the 8P0?
I’ll buy myself a reader/programmer for this so suggestions on what to buy would be appreciated aswell(though this is a one-off so just looking for the cheapest, if I find board reading fun I could always get something better down the line)

Eurodyne support says immo delete might not work as it might be lost when flashing?
Is there any functional problems using the 1K0 in place of the 8P0? Car is a daily driver that I refreshed with a k04 and s3 injectors as my tuner said he’d be able to tune it but come time to do it he couldn’t get ahold of a Damos file for my ecu.

fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 11:41:29 AM »

Did you try to find a new tuner? Sound much cheaper and reasonable than your tricky plan
Pir4t

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 01:58:42 PM »

Did you try to find a new tuner? Sound much cheaper and reasonable than your tricky plan

I did , closest one is 2hour drive away and justlooking at a basic stage 1 flash a few hours of tuning + a dyno is going to cost me quite alot.
Also I like to do as much as possible myself, I have and old E46 that i wired up a standalone and tuned myself so im not scared of tuning myself, i am however scared of buying stuff that will not work Smiley

Is my plan really that tricky? I saw posts here about users buying used ecu's with different prefixes to use for tuning which would basically be what i'd like to do.
If the immo part complicates it all then forget that part.
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2022, 02:30:29 PM »

So many differences between the 2 I wouldn't advise it. Ive done similar with  b7, mk5, b6 passat, and mk6 golf r for testing and what I can conclude is it will run the car with the immo switched off, however being in the wrong generation car your cluster will be a christmas tree along with other problems. Almost all med9.1 softwares are similar enough that you can find maps using another defined file... Honestly if your tuner needs the exact same damos for the ecu and can not use another thats close to find the maps hes really not that good anyway. Also, tuning a standalone ecu is like tuning for handicaps compared to a DI factory ecu. No offense but if you think you're going to easily cross flash the ecu and start tuning you are sadly mistaken.     

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pir4t

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2022, 03:35:25 PM »

Thank you for the reply!
No offense taken I got the feeling of the stand-alone being a lot simpler when I started looking on here Smiley
I figured there would be problems with different generations but since some said you could swap them I had hopes for it. Good to know that won’t be the case.
I had the feeling my tuner wasn’t that great since I went to him a few years ago and he happily installed a stage 1 tune for me but now couldn’t do this? Feels like he just flashes tunes from another company.
Appreciate the answers to my questions!

I’m hoping that eurodyne could add support for my ecu if I can get ahold of a map pack for it, otherwise I don’t really know what to do.
Is there anyone on the forum I could send my ecu and get a pack?
Buy stuff and try tuning it myself(or pay someone to help me)
Go to the expensive tuner?
Maby an S3 ecu could work but might be the same problem there?
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2022, 07:40:14 PM »

Pm me
Pir4t

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2022, 02:42:46 PM »

So looking forward into this it looks like atleast some 8P0 boxes are supported by Maestro.

I assume swapping within the same family would be better.How would i go about swapping to that box?

Send the "new" ecu for an immo off and plug it in, although Eurodyne says flashing the ecu might overwrite an immo delete?
Plug it in and take it to the dealer to have them sync the immo(can it be done or do dealers go no-no?)
Does it matter if the donor is an auto tranny or manual, i was assuiming a seperate controller for tranny ? (mine is manual)

Thanks for answering my noob questions!
_nameless

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2022, 12:41:18 PM »

So looking forward into this it looks like atleast some 8P0 boxes are supported by Maestro.

I assume swapping within the same family would be better.How would i go about swapping to that box?

Send the "new" ecu for an immo off and plug it in, although Eurodyne says flashing the ecu might overwrite an immo delete?
Plug it in and take it to the dealer to have them sync the immo(can it be done or do dealers go no-no?)
Does it matter if the donor is an auto tranny or manual, i was assuiming a seperate controller for tranny ? (mine is manual)

Thanks for answering my noob questions!
All of the 4 cylinder med9.1 ecus are the same at a hardware level. Look for a passat b6 ecu or a 07 a4 ecu those are normally on the cheap side like 40-50 bucks. Turn off the immo and you can flash it with whatever software you want. Then just use vcds to configure longcoding for the application.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
konkat

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2022, 03:55:22 AM »

Provided that 8P0907115 is not supported by Eurodyne Maestro, i recommend to flash your ECU with 8P0907115B (supported by Eurodyne Maestro) using the appropriate sgo file & equipment (ODIS E) and then you can also use Maestro for tuning. Most probably it will not need immo off. In case the ECU locks then you just need to do immo off and afterwards you can license your ECU for use with Maestro without any issues. If you need help pm me.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 03:57:19 AM by konkat » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: