Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Uncertain about my Ignition and STFT  (Read 18877 times)
adam-

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2015, 06:15:04 AM »

Also, lambda values of greater than 1.0?  How?  Even then, lambda of 0.9 until high revs, then goes back to 1.0.. The log is wrong, or we're still going round in circles dude.
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2015, 07:34:37 AM »

Im trying to learn this and you say this is "crap" with out any explanation why?.. And now you say again im going in circles when im trying to find out things here.. Please have a banana stress down my friend. I know VCDS but right now im trying this log tool. And if you this its crap the exaplain whats wrong with it if i want to log AFR IGN and STFT?.

Lambda 2.0 is a result of enginebreake.

Now.. With the knowledge that I now know that my tool logs AFR correct (with E85) I also know more in detail how my AFR kinda looks like in reality.

E85oholic
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2015, 07:38:26 AM »

I agree, you need to get to a proven logging software before going any further here.

Use ME7logger if you can, VCDS if not otherwise (we still don't know what you're even driving/tuning is it a VAG product?).

The 0-100 load scale doesn't tell us anything either.  According to your log, the car is running Lambda 1 most of the time, and just touching 0.9 at only the MAX load of 100 (whatever that is?).

Get proper logs, post fuel trims, post your file if you want or snippets of the fueling changes...

Certainly there isn't much anyone can do to help you with the information you have provided this far to be honest.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
adam-

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2015, 07:45:05 AM »

The amount of samples that Torque can provide is less than VCDS and ME7Logger.  

You need to log actual and requested fuelling so you can see how far off you are.  You have no real need to know STFTs in comparison to knowing the rest of the usually logged values.  

If you're tuning seriously - and by that I mean not really deviating from the OE file - you need a good logger, and Torque isn't that.  You can monitor any variable you require with ME7Logger.

Not only that, you're not even sure yourself if the variable you have logged is the correct one, and neither am I.  If you're logging fuel, you need to log actual and requested lambda so that you can see how far off you are so you can adjust from there.  You can also log the actual sensor voltage, so you can apply your own correction factor to produce E85 lambda.

Ignition is even more complicated.  You can log current ignition timing, but is that post or pre correction?  Can you log correction factors with Torque?  What about the cam switch-over point?  Can you log the position of the cam with Torque so that you can see the dip in timing and fuelling?

With ME7Logger, it filters the results, so that engine breaking isn't included.  You want one clean pull from 2k to the limiter, and not including when you let off.  How do you know that the table you have posted contains the results from your WOT pull and not from when you let off?  The lower sections could represent small amounts of throttle/load and engine braking.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm trying to help.  The Torque app is good for generic fault clearing, but not logging. Sort ME7Logger and you'll have a much more pleasant experience.  
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2015, 07:51:45 AM »

Thaks for answers guys.. Ill try Me7 logger then. With what program are you analyzing yout logs in.. what format does Me7logger give you?

E85oholic
adam-

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2015, 07:53:09 AM »

Comes out on CSV, use ECUxPlot to display all the data, its fantastic!  Well documented on here! Smiley
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2015, 09:33:40 AM »

See my sig.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2015, 09:53:45 AM »

Also, this sticky

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4094.0title=

And all of the stickies here

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?board=15.0

In fact, you'll find just about EVERY discussion about logs is from ME7L

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2015, 02:11:27 PM »

Im gonna try that.. Ill read the manual.. But it seems a bit complicated..  To bad VCDS logs wasnt compatible with MegalogViwer.

E85oholic
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2015, 08:21:57 PM »

Im gonna try that.. Ill read the manual.. But it seems a bit complicated..  To bad VCDS logs wasnt compatible with MegalogViwer.

VCDS is useless for tuning.

ECUx Plot

adam-

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2015, 06:44:41 AM »

It's not complicated.  Set up a logger file with a cross or whatever the convention is (I forget) with the variables you want to log, run a bat file and let it log.

It's honestly not hard! Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: