Pages: [1]
Author Topic: map tuning (late night thoughts)  (Read 3473 times)
ktm733

« on: August 29, 2015, 09:20:14 PM »

quick question.. This is me wondering why people choose to tune with map instead of maf. So when it is cold out side, the air is more dense. That said more colder denser air would increase pressure=boost? What I mean is if we had 1/kg of air at 80f, now at 30f we get 2/kg as an example of course! That 2/kg of air would increase pressure right? So people who run mbc set it to 20psi= 200/kg at 80f are not getting 400/kg of air at 30f ex ex ex. remember this is an example!

secondly: if this is true then tuning map sensor would be a failure because if the temperature changes out side or it gets colder, your losing performance or your not getting peak performance. I.E timing table and load tables not properly tuned
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 12:22:37 AM »

Yes. That is load.

LDRXN specifies max load, which is MAF based, not MAP based.

You've kinda entirely missed the point of torque based engine management.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ktm733

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 06:39:28 AM »

What I'm getting at is why do people always what to throw the maf away and go with map? Why is this?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 02:25:43 PM »

What I'm getting at is why do people always what to throw the maf away and go with map? Why is this?

1) Because they have no idea how to tune a torque/load based ECU
2) Space/mechanical constraints sometimes preclude using a MAF

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
majorahole

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 05:05:26 PM »

I think people do it when it's necessary. well, I'm sure others do it so it's easier, but not better!
because if your maf housing is a lot larger then standard, then the flow @idle is very low and causes the sensor to be inaccurate
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: