Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: AVK V6 3.0 2003 8E0 909 559E ECU tuning thread  (Read 55646 times)
mister t

« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2015, 10:17:02 PM »

Exactly.

So what I'm getting at though is that the MANNER in which both the continuous adjustment (intake) and the binary on/off adjustment (exhaust) operate should be dictated by how fast the solenoid switches on and off.

Think of having a fluorescent bulb above you. If someone flicks it off, the room is dark, they flip it on, the room is lit.

However, if the ballast is malfunctioning, it flickers really fast and the room looks dim. Not pitch black, but somewhere in between.

The effect is different, but the manner in which it is achieved is fundamentally the same.

So what I want to know is: is there a mechanical/electrical limitation in either 1) the solenoid body, 2) the cam phaser 3) the electrical leads, and/or 4) the HARDWARE in the ECU which would prevent it from modulating the exhaust cam solenoid to create phasing which falls in between 0 and 22 deg advance/retard?

If so, what is it and where? Also, is it possible to overcome that limitation by swapping the exhaust solenoid with an intake one (i.e .are they interchangeable?) and recoding the ECU adjust continuously between 0-22 degrees.  

OR, is it simply a matter of adjusting the ECU setting from on/off to continuous?

Also, anyone from the peanut gallery care to comment on this?
mister t

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2015, 10:20:21 PM »

Lol, and one more question, has anyone actually TRIED the tune I posted?

I'm rather curious to get an unbiased opinion as to how it feels or some empirical comparisons vs stock or other tunes. 
mister t

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2016, 09:55:29 PM »

Made some massive headway on the definition file, posted the .kp in the first post
mister t

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2016, 11:30:36 PM »

I've posted an updated and substantially revamped tune. I FINALLY figured out how to manipulate the cam timing. I posted the tune, latest .kp and an ORI in the 1st post

Makes a WORLD of difference. From my calculations, it adds another 5-6 g/sec to the MAF readings over the most useful part of the RPM band (3750-5750). I also found that retarding the exhaust cam between 1500-3300 RPM and makes tip-in way more responsive.

Here's the best of the stock cam timing MAF readings compared to my modified cam timing on two separate days. IC ADVANCED 1 is a little more aggressive with the cam advance vs IC ADVANCED 2.

I used multiple compiled data points with ME7logger at 30 samples a second over back to back multiple highway pulls.

Here is the difference between some of the more average stock data sets and my tuned MAF readings

Here's where you can see the interaction between the MAF readings and the intake cam timing

Here is a graphical representation of what I've done to the cam timing. The trick is that you need to make the representative changes in ALL the 8x16 cam timing maps (including warm-up, knocking inlet cam and leerlauf), not just the main cam timing maps (usually the 8x12 or 16x18 ones).

Exhaust cam timing and the new intake manifold changeover settings

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 12:12:59 AM by mister t » Logged
mister t

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2016, 11:40:26 PM »

Something I find interesting is that for all the hype about the JHM tune, they didn't do anything to change the cam timing.

Here's the intake and exhaust logs from a JHM tuned Audizine member

Intake and exhaust from my stock tuned ECU

Here's what MAF and cam timing looks like with my latest file.

Not that I'm necessarily trying to rip on JHM, I'm sure that their tune is a good one. However, for all the secrecy about their tune, I have to wonder how much more they did above and beyond KFMIRL/KFMOIP KFPED, Ignition timing and lambda. 
SJorge3442

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2016, 07:25:49 PM »

I'm all about trying this file out. Just as soon as I work through some basic things.

I checked all three of the .bin files you posted with me7checker, and each is coming back with 3 errors. I also need to find resources on how to adjust your ignition timing so that I can pull back a tad since I still have the stock cats.

==============================================================================
me7check v1.08 (c) mki, 06/2004-04/2011
Checking file C:\Users\VCDS\Desktop\Audi Tunes\Initial Download\WinOLS (Audi A4
559E HW0001 V6 2003 AVK TUNE).bin (size=1048576)
Reading Version Strings...
-> Bootrom Version = embedded in CPU, asume 06.02/06.05
-> EPK = 42/1/ME7.1.1/5/6530.01//24Q/Dst01o/230502//
-> Contents of ECUID data table:
   - '0261207794'         (SSECUHN)
   - '1037366331'         (SSECUSN)
   - '8E0909559E  '       (VAG part number)
   - '0001'               (VAG sw number)
   - '3.0L V6/5V     '    (engine id)
-> Contents of ECUID data table:
   - 'HW_MAN004'

-> Found 3 errors!!!   *******************************

Any idea why this is?
hopsis

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2016, 12:29:43 AM »

Looks like your using an outdated version of Me7check. Grab the latest version and try again.
SJorge3442

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2016, 06:27:18 AM »

Looks like your using an outdated version of Me7check. Grab the latest version and try again.

You were right. Total noob move on my part. I grabbed the first file in the me7checker post on here figuring it was the newest. That was not the case. Everything checks out for me! Now its time to learn how to define and learn maps!
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2016, 10:43:16 AM »

Hmm I use megalogviewer too.. It would be nice to see if i can log my camshaft like that u posted mrT

E85oholic
carson

« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2016, 08:38:13 AM »

I want to try some stuff to on my ASN engine. I cant get nefmoto to read my flash, which memory layout should i use?

Code:
Validated FTDI device is in dumb mode.
Disconnected
Connecting...
Starting slow init connection.
Connecting to address 0x01.
Slow init succeeded.
Switching to KWP2000 session.
Connected
Disabling Windows sleep mode.
Reading all ECU info.
Starting diagnostic session.
Unable to properly start diagnostic session, attempting to continue with current undefined session.
Negotiating communication timings.
Successfully changed to new communication timings.
0% complete.
20% complete.
40% complete.
60% complete.
80% complete.
100% complete.
Read 5 ECU info entries:
0x92, System Supplier ECU Hardware Number: 0261207839
0x94, System Supplier ECU Software Number: 1037375048
0x91, Vehicle Manufacturer ECU Hardware Number: 0x0D, 8E0909059   , 0xFF
0x9B, Calibration Date: 8E0909559H  , 0040, 0x03002CF0, 0x80000000, 0x0046, 3.0L V6/5V     ,  G   
0x9C, Calibration Equiment Software Number: 0x02020100
Restoring Windows sleep mode.
Starting saving of info.
Successfully saved info to file.
Reading ECU flash memory.
ECU reports programming session preconditions have been met.
Requesting security access.
Security access granted.
Successfully started diagnostic session.
Security access granted.
Validating flash memory starts at 0x00800000 and ends at 0x00900000.
Validation failed, ECU reports RequestUpload service is not supported. RequestUpload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
Memory layout validation failed.
Starting to read data block.
Requesting upload from ECU for address range 0x00800000 to 0x00803FFF.
Request upload from ECU failed, ECU reports service is not supported. Request upload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
Reading ECU flash memory failed. Trying to force ECU to recognize read operation is complete.
Finished forcing ECU to recognize that failed read operation is complete.
Reading ECU flash memory failed.
100% complete.

mister t

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2016, 03:33:03 PM »

I want to try some stuff to on my ASN engine. I cant get nefmoto to read my flash, which memory layout should i use?

Code:
Validated FTDI device is in dumb mode.
Disconnected
Connecting...
Starting slow init connection.
Connecting to address 0x01.
Slow init succeeded.
Switching to KWP2000 session.
Connected
Reading all ECU info.
Unable to properly start diagnostic session, attempting to continue with current undefined session.
0% complete.
20% complete.
40% complete.
60% complete.
80% complete.
100% complete.
Read 5 ECU info entries:
0x92, System Supplier ECU Hardware Number: 0261207839
0x94, System Supplier ECU Software Number: 1037375048
0x91, Vehicle Manufacturer ECU Hardware Number: 0x0D, 8E0909059   , 0xFF
0x9B, Calibration Date: 8E0909559H  , 0040, 0x03002CF0, 0x80000000, 0x0046, 3.0L V6/5V     ,  G   
0x9C, Calibration Equiment Software Number: 0x02020100
Starting saving of info.
Successfully saved info to file.
Reading ECU flash memory.
ECU reports programming session preconditions have been met.
Security access granted.
Successfully started diagnostic session.
Security access granted.
Validating flash memory starts at 0x00800000 and ends at 0x00900000.
Validation failed, ECU reports RequestUpload service is not supported. RequestUpload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
Memory layout validation failed.
Starting to read data block.
Requesting upload from ECU for address range 0x00800000 to 0x00803FFF.
Request upload from ECU failed, ECU reports service is not supported. Request upload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
Reading ECU flash memory failed. Trying to force ECU to recognize read operation is complete.
Finished forcing ECU to recognize that failed read operation is complete.
Reading ECU flash memory failed.
100% complete.

Unless you have a Galletto cable, you'll need to disable the immobilizer first before you can flash without using bootmode.

Even then, I don't advise flashing with the ECU in the vehicle as it's difficult to get the voltage above 12.5 with all the other systems drawing power.

Best bet is to buy a spare ECU, make a bench flasher and do all your flashing that way. At that point, you can always swap between the two and do your file revisions that way.

What I did was bought a plug in voltage adapter that puts out between 13.5-15v, then I plug in a power inverter to my cigarette lighter in my car. From there, I can log on the road, pull over with my laptop, make changes, flash the spare ECU while I'm on the side of the road and swap them out (takes all of 3-4 minutes). I've literally done hundreds of file revisions that way.
metronet

« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2016, 05:48:20 PM »

I've got a Readiness question that's specific to the ME7.1.1 AVK engine.

I have done the following code-out according to the thread "Emissions delete and setting actual readiness"
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=615.0

However, the readiness for "Oxygen Sensor(s)" is not set (0010 0000) where the same code-out done on a ME7.1 APB gets readiness (0000 0000).
No diagnostic errors and STFT & LTFT looks good to me.

I read that perhaps CDLSV (precat) is also required(?) :
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=615.msg25635#msg25635

Any thoughts or suggestions? Smiley

Code:
CLRSKA   - Post cat fuel enrichment (set to 0) (1 -> 0)
CLRSHK   - Lambda control behind Cat On/Off (Post cat fuelling correction; best combination is bits zero and two) (90 -> 5)
CDHSH    - Post cat O2 heater diagnosis (1 -> 0)
CDHSHE   - Post cat O2 heater amplifier diagnosis (1 -> 0)
CDKAT    - Cat diagnosis (1 -> 0)
CDLASH   - Lambda sensor aging diagnosis (SHK) (1 -> 0)
CDLATV   - Lambda sensor aging diagnosis (tv) (1 -> 0)
CDLSH    - Post cat O2 sensor diagnosis (1 -> 0)
CDLSHV   - Lambda sensor interchange recognition (1 -> 0)
CWKONLS  - Vehicles with 4 installed sensors (33 -> 11)
CWDLSAHK - Rear O2 sensor aging (1 -> 0)
CDSLS    - Secondary air system in OBDII mode (1 -> 0)
CWKONABG - Configuration exhaust emission treatment, set 1=noSAI; 0=deCat) (5 -> 0)
MSLBAS   - SAI (26 -> 0)
MSLUB    - 8x1 Map -> all zero
FKHABMN  - Catalyst heating threshold (1A -> 0)
SJorge3442

« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2016, 11:29:49 AM »

Any updates to the tune recently? I'm looking to give it a go in the coming weeks now that my car has been running good after getting that kompresd tune out. Wanted to make sure you havent grenaded your car since then.
mister t

« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2016, 02:54:46 PM »

Any updates to the tune recently? I'm looking to give it a go in the coming weeks now that my car has been running good after getting that kompresd tune out. Wanted to make sure you havent grenaded your car since then.

Lol, no, still running. Although I've played around with the tune quite a but since then. I'll try and post up a more recent version in a bit.
k0mpresd

« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2016, 03:34:44 PM »

or, you could have told me what the problem was. if this was a file with 2step patch, i assume it was, that file in particular would blow a fuse and cause random misfires.
fairly severe misfires actually for some reason. this took a very long time to pinpoint as it is not a very popular file. as in, it wasnt fixed until just a few months ago.

if you had misfires, told me, and i told you to replace plugs and coils, that is solely because i honestly did not know the patch was causing those issues. like i said, it has taken this long to figure it out.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 03:37:24 PM by k0mpresd » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: