Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the difference between FGTech and BDM100 clones as BDM?  (Read 3196 times)
jezTT

« on: October 12, 2017, 12:32:14 AM »

Hey all,

This is a potentially silly question, and I've done alot of searching on here and the interwebs but can't find too much definitive on the subject, but between the FGtech Galletto v54 and BDM100, which is the pick for being used as a BDM?

I'm working with MED9.1 at this stage, but want to branch out in the future, and I note that FGtech comes with a heap of cables that BDM doesn't which I'm sure I'll make use of at some stage.

So I'm leaning towards the FGtech unless there is some reason I shouldn't get it for BDM on med9.1? I have MPPSv13 for Obd purposes, so the FG's obd functionality would just be a bonus.

Thanks in advance for any advice guys on this guys. I don't know where I'd be without this forum when it comes to tuning knowledge, you're all awesome  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
jezTT

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 12:43:50 AM »

Anyone?
Waspjr

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 01:10:42 PM »

You use or can use your bdm and  your fgtech in sync to do dual core ecu etc. Or rather your pogo platform anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jezTT

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 06:47:47 PM »

Thanks for the response Waspjr. That's a bit advanced for my level of skill at this stage but I'll keep it in mind for the future.

After doing more searching, BDM100 seemed to be the box of choice, with the FG being reported as unreliable for bdm purposes, for MED9 at least.

I have an ecu with connectors attached on it's way so will be able to utilise them for bench flashing and Vcds purposes  Grin
Waspjr

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 11:40:19 AM »

Haha ok sweet score man and good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: