Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Simos 18 FlexFuel (basic + advanced)  (Read 5088 times)
jamespinger

« on: December 19, 2020, 09:05:37 AM »

I've been investigating how to enable to built in flex fuel support and toying with the idea of enhancing it to get timing added based on ethanol content.  I was hoping for a sanity check.

I BELIEVE:
lc_fac_afu_ratio_conf = 00 (this will enable the sensor)
lc_fac_afu_ratio_man_act = 00 (this will disable the manual e-level in calibration)

It looks like those are the only two things that need to be changed to get the ECU to start reading from a sensor and adjusting mff accordingly.... Is there anything I'm missing?  I've read through ALFU a number of times but it's very possible I'm missing something....

EDIT:
c_state_srv_1_pid[N][10] is the bitfield that contains the PID for ethanol content (PID52).

Also, I've an idea for ethanol level based timing, though it relies on some modifications to existing ASW patches that I didn't develop so it's not mine to share.  Does anybody have any [high level] insight into adding timing for ethanol?  I assume it's either custom ASW or relying on the factory knock detection/correction (since my ASW has NLC_IGSP_H_RON_COR = 0).

« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 09:45:42 PM by jamespinger » Logged
Tunerdude

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 12:48:11 AM »

Hey James,
     Have you gotten any further with this? I'm also stuck on finding a solution to add timing per Ethanol percent.
jamespinger

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 10:01:24 AM »

Hey James,
     Have you gotten any further with this? I'm also stuck on finding a solution to add timing per Ethanol percent.
Yes, I wrote my own patch.

2 new tables in the CAL, one as an ignition modifier (rpm vs airmass) and the other to scale the ignition modifier based on ethanol content.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

littco

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 04:46:35 AM »

I've been investigating how to enable to built in flex fuel support and toying with the idea of enhancing it to get timing added based on ethanol content.  I was hoping for a sanity check.

I BELIEVE:
lc_fac_afu_ratio_conf = 00 (this will enable the sensor)
lc_fac_afu_ratio_man_act = 00 (this will disable the manual e-level in calibration)

It looks like those are the only two things that need to be changed to get the ECU to start reading from a sensor and adjusting mff accordingly.... Is there anything I'm missing?  I've read through ALFU a number of times but it's very possible I'm missing something....

EDIT:
c_state_srv_1_pid[N][10] is the bitfield that contains the PID for ethanol content (PID52).

Also, I've an idea for ethanol level based timing, though it relies on some modifications to existing ASW patches that I didn't develop so it's not mine to share.  Does anybody have any [high level] insight into adding timing for ethanol?  I assume it's either custom ASW or relying on the factory knock detection/correction (since my ASW has NLC_IGSP_H_RON_COR = 0).

This is the basic that is needed yes. There are quite a few other maps which you can activate or change to get some better results with the econtent but they are more related to using the AFU without a sensor.

Patching the ECU is an extra map for the timing increase with E content is very worth while but not essential if you dont mind having various maps to flash on based on E fuel
luigicmd

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2021, 03:46:29 AM »

Hi, how can make patch for add new map ignition ? thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: