Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
Author Topic: Multi map selection using cruz control  (Read 154337 times)
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2012, 10:17:02 AM »

I'd love to start testing this for you on the S4 platform.. but I have really no idea what I am doing when working with assembly code.

But if someone want's to work on a port for put up a detailed description of how this could be ported into say the M-box code I would be more then happy to try it for you.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
rajivc666

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 10:22:36 AM »

I hate writing explanations and stuff because I am very bad at it, But let me try and make one for the M-box, I simply have lot of time at hand  Grin

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 11:21:44 AM by NOTORIOUS VR » Logged
createddeleted

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2012, 10:30:53 AM »

I would test the file, but at the point I can't do boot mode and am using the car daily. Once I rework my bench setup and get my spare ecu in this week I'll give it a go.  Grin
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2012, 11:21:59 AM »

I hate writing explanations and stuff because I am very bad at it, But let me try and make one for the M-box, I simply have lot of time at hand  Grin

hehe... alright.. well let me know if you do and I would be willing to test for sure.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
rajivc666

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2012, 11:28:49 PM »

Does the S4 have a cruise control, If not what will be the best way to switch maps, is switching maps with a tap on the brake and accelerator  pedal > than zero a good idea.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2012, 07:46:36 AM »

yes it has cruise, but either way will work fine IMO

rob.mwpropane

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2012, 08:39:10 AM »

I hate writing explanations and stuff because I am very bad at it, But let me try and make one for the M-box, I simply have lot of time at hand  Grin

I think it goes without saying there are a ton of people that are watching this, or at least there will be. I hope you can write a generic "how to" for ME7 in general. Seems like S4 gets all the love first Cry User Sn00k made a pretty good generic write up, maybe he can help?

At any rate, I think its awesome work, looking forward to seeing this move along, can't wait to give it a go.

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
rajivc666

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2012, 10:17:39 PM »

Rob thanks I will try and make one, I have posted hj and hn boxes. If you compare it to stock boxes you can see where the changes have been made. You will need winols, idapro , setzi's me7 logger and an assembler for  c167. I tried   it on my brothers SG box , the switching was working perfectly but the visual indication part was behaving very differently from the HJ box. Can I have some feedback for the HN box, has anybody tried it yet.
sn00k

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2012, 04:56:29 AM »

sorry i havent had time to test the HN-file as i forgot to hook up the 4 cables needed for cruise control in this audi, i will try to add them soon and help you test this.

id be happy to help you write a tutorial/explanations for adapting this to other boxes when this function is working in a safe and reliable manner =)
(which imo would be working with 3 different "sets" as described earlier, including those maps, and having an indicator showing which "set" is selected, for i.e "1.normal driving", "2.alternate fuel", "3.track-mode")
rajivc666

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2012, 10:38:57 AM »

Hi here is the m-box map switch. Not tested. Could not find the cruise control bit so maps switch by acclr pedal > zero and brake tap. Switches maps ldrxn,ldrxnzk,krkte,kfzw & kfzw2. ldrxn and ldrxnzk in stock location is ignored. 3  sets are available. Attaching new map definitions for the extra maps,  all set to stock.  Lots had to be changed so there is a good chance of a bug , so please test extensively before you hit the road.
Also please let me know how the visual indication is working , how many times its flashing when ignition on and after starting, the speed of flashing etc.
rajivc666

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2012, 10:50:08 AM »

Snook IMO if you leave most of the protections as stock I dont think there is much of a problem , I guess Smiley. I have been testing some crazy kfzw, krkte and ldrxn values and logging it , no problem so for. Anyways I will be writing one based on your idea as its much simpler I guess but its fun to change different maps on the fly.
jibberjive

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2012, 01:45:28 AM »

Excellent work!  I'm not sure when I'll be able to test this, but I will try soon (m-box).
rajivc666

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2012, 02:17:07 PM »

Notorious have you tried the file yet, as promised.. Grin
createddeleted

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2012, 02:38:47 PM »

I just got a spare ecu so I'll be able to try the HN file soon Cheesy
rajivc666

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2012, 10:29:48 AM »

Some kind of feedback would be nice if anybody tried it, will keep me encouraged.. Sad
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: