Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need som help getting started.  (Read 6259 times)
Jim_Coupe

« on: April 18, 2013, 08:29:28 AM »

Hi !

I have been flasing my car with a KWP2000 plus. I used a program called VAGMe7 Flasher/programmer.
But that old computer crashed. Sad

Now i have a new computer with Win7. I have 2 cables. a VAG-COM/ross tech cable that is blue and a KWP2000 plus cable.
When i try to install the 2XX driver for the KWP2000 it refuses. "cannot find any drivers".

When i read the Nefmoto guide i understand it so that i can also use the "Blue ross-tech" cable. But i just dont get that to work woth nefmoto either..  So what is this?  these cables worked fine with WinXP and Vagme7 programmer???

Please help! Smiley

E85oholic
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 08:35:19 AM »

your cable most likely isn't ftdi based.

Get one that is.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 08:38:17 AM »

your cable most likely isn't ftdi based.

Get one that is.

Hmm oh really? how come i managed to read/write with my old computer ?

E85oholic
cyril279

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 09:08:39 AM »

whether or not your cable worked with a different operating system, or the fact that it is blue, has nothing to do with whether the cable is FTDI based. I understand that there has been a lot of mention on this site about "blue cables", but as the market has become flooded with cheap blue cables utilizing many different methods of operation, the color of the cable has become much less relevant.

There are many cables that work with vag-com or other softwares that are NOT FTDI based cables (ch034 for example)

the fact that you are having trouble getting FTDI drivers installed to the cable is the primary indicator of a NON-FTDI-based cable.

open the cable up, visually read the chip, and we can proceed from there.
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 10:06:18 AM »

whether or not your cable worked with a different operating system, or the fact that it is blue, has nothing to do with whether the cable is FTDI based. I understand that there has been a lot of mention on this site about "blue cables", but as the market has become flooded with cheap blue cables utilizing many different methods of operation, the color of the cable has become much less relevant.

There are many cables that work with vag-com or other softwares that are NOT FTDI based cables (ch034 for example)

the fact that you are having trouble getting FTDI drivers installed to the cable is the primary indicator of a NON-FTDI-based cable.

open the cable up, visually read the chip, and we can proceed from there.

Thanx for a good answer. Now i understand all this a little better !   Any cables on eBay to recomend.. I´ll looked into the wiki and saw 2 links to eBay.. But there were many cables there

E85oholic
cyril279

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 10:27:13 AM »

This ft232rl-obd cable is sold by Alpha-bid (one of the recommended vendors).  I have not purchased one, so I cannot vouch for it, but I'd trust that it'll get you what you need. If the cable is NOT as expected, please report back to keep us informed.

-Cyril
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 01:12:57 AM »

Thank you i will try this one. I´ll report back with some results !

//

E85oholic
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 01:18:24 AM »

All galletto cables (at least the ones I"ve purchased and recommended) are compatible with nefmoto and contain the ft232r chipset. Why chance it? Just get the galletto cable.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
BraxS4

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 11:54:59 AM »

yes that cable from alpha works, i just bought one

stage 3 b5 S4
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: