Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Some problems with a 06A906032HN 0261207440 - SW-Versions?  (Read 9967 times)
MIL_on

« on: September 23, 2013, 06:32:04 AM »

Hi Guys,
first i hope this is the right subforum for my thread, but it contains a little bit of everything, so i thought there might be no "right" section  Roll Eyes

as you can read in my introduction-thread, i am somehow new to the materia and some how not:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4679.0title=

my plan was to read the file out of my ecu - no problem so far - and then analyse it using tunerpro or winols (dont care which one). i have to add that there was already a tuned file on the ecu. I thought it would be a good starting point to get known to the new software etc. by comparing the tuned file and a stock one. Based on the fact, that i only have the tuned one i wanted to use an original one found on the forum. This is where i come to the first problem:
The data from my ECU:

Modell:06A906032HN
ECU SN:0261207440
SW: 360646

i only found stock and definition files for the
Software-Version: 363908
or threads related to SW001 or SW002 for this ECU.

I tried the following Definition and orig. Files:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4639.0
when i loaded both to Tunerpro i found some little mistakes, like MLHFM has no axis-values except 0. The rest was more or less ok (as far as i can tell by now). so i wanted to check whether the xdf fits my 360646 SW. But what i found was only crap...for example KFZW has only axis values, which make absolutely no sense:

okay - so it may be the different software-version which creates those errors, although i am wondering a little bit, that all adresses are changing with another SW-Version?! Or ist it possible that the tuner who has done the file on my ECU has some how crypted it or whatever, so that it will be impossible to read it, no matter what i do?

Starting to become curious what it is i tried something else.
i looked again for def. and original files here in the forum and elsewhere. i found those for OLS:

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=576.0

when i use them in OLS - doest matter which BIN i use 363908 or my 360646, the def. Files HN1 or HN2 or whatever, its always pretty odd:
i open a new projekt using the .kp-file. Then i import the .bin. Everything opens fine so far. After importing the .bin my Tables contain values. MLHFM opens immediately and i cant open the hexdump of the bin anymore. If i want to close MLHFM the project closes?!
MLHFM contains absolutely wrong values. Also i guess it is wrong defined - starting at adress 0 ? but how could i change it without being able to look up in the hexdump (btw. i didnt get to manage finding a map in the hexdump either - shame on me)?

i also tried to start at zero and define the maps in my bin completely by myself - no chance for a newbie like me :/

i really hope you can help me out....there are just too many options for me why its going wrong so far....

btw. i attached the tune i found on my ecu, so maybe someone could have a look at it and tell me whether something is wrong with it?

thanks for your time in advance

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:34:26 AM by MIL_on » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 09:48:25 AM »

Right click on MLHFM, edit parameter in XDF, and make sure it's 512x1. Too much data will crash TP.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 11:00:51 AM »

you can use 'beyond compare 3' to make your own def file from mine ( http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4639.0 )

it is very easy to do
adam-

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 03:43:48 PM »

I'm using Gonzo's as a starting point, but it's pretty much rewritten now, and using the def file I pointed to in a thread I made.

Seems to be working fine though..
Idorap

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 01:06:41 AM »

Hello

Use HN2 map pack given by automan

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=576.15

Will work perfect for you
MIL_on

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 08:51:08 AM »

Hey Guys,
thank you! you are damn helpful!
it works now with the hn1-Map pack from automan001! i think one part of the mistakes definitely belongs to me Cry:
i opened the .kp-file via the normal window in winols instead of opening the bin as a project and then import it via the map-pack-function. once done, all my axis and tables look correct Smiley the only drop of bitterness is that the hn1 isnt defined as good as the hn2, but maybe i can do this by myself and learn more how to use the tools correct!
 i hope you dont blame me for asking such beginners questions...
adam-

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 12:27:26 PM »

This is the problem, but if you open the HN2 file once you've got your HN1 file, you can search for maps you need in the HN2 one, right-click, view in hexdump, and then go to the top menu (I forget what it's called), but there's an option for Connect Windows.

Get it to assign the offset automatically, usually +- 64 or 1E, and then you can transfer the map over.

I usually get it to not transfer over any valves.  Then you've got the map structure in the HN1 file and you can edit this from there.

It's confusing, but once you've got the hang of it, you can transfer over loads of maps.  I've done everything that I need and it's awesome.

Will upload my mappack if anyone wants! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: