Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1999 S4 (Euro) 551C XDF request  (Read 10653 times)
Andy P

« on: April 08, 2013, 11:57:42 PM »

Hi guys, first post here so be kind!  Cheesy

I've searched high and low and I'm unable to find a full definition for the 512kb 551C. I've attached the only one I can find on here but its far from complete.

Anyone able to help??

Thanks, Andy.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 12:00:59 AM »

switch to K or M box. done.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
icezero

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 12:39:29 AM »

why do you need the full map pack . is the car stock ?
prj

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 12:41:31 AM »

I've searched high and low and I'm unable to find a full definition for the 512kb 551C. I've attached the only one I can find on here but its far from complete.
Not going to happen Andy Wink

switch to K or M box. done.

K or M box on a 512kb ECU?  Roll Eyes

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Andy P

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 12:54:53 AM »

nyet - This seems to be the common response for anyone using the c-box ecu because they have the most support here. "Tuners" are able to make full use of the c-box so why can't I? Surely someone putting time and effort into an ecu that doesn't have as much support as others can only be a good thing no?

Icezero - No, this is the file pulled from my ecu from another thread - http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3538.msg35881#msg35881. I was told when I bought the car that it had been "chipped" some 9 years ago, and then fitted with LPG about 2 years ago. I've owned the car for about 2 months now. From that thread it seems to have Revo software on it. Apart from that, hardware wise afaik its stock

prj -I've got a feeling this will be the answer  Cheesy

I don't want to start swapping ecus if I can help it, like I say, other people are able to tune, use NLS and LC with the c-box successfully.
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 07:12:13 AM »

What maps do you need found?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 09:42:33 AM »

nyet - This seems to be the common response for anyone using the c-box ecu because they have the most support here. "Tuners" are able to make full use of the c-box so why can't I? Surely someone putting time and effort into an ecu that doesn't have as much support as others can only be a good thing no?

If there is a c-box xdf around, whoever has it doesn't feel like releasing it.

That happened to me when I first started tuning. It pissed me off that there were people wasting time duplicating effort just because of some idiot 'pro-tuner' secret handshake and/or paranoia. Fuck that.

My original mbox xdf was built by me, by hand, by searching for maps using other map packs as a reference. I published it as I built it so others could contribute and work together, rather than the idiotic model of100 pro-tuner tools re-inventing the wheel 100 times over.

So yes, if somebody put some time and effort into it, that would be great.

However, there is a reason nobody has bothered to do it with other boxes - it is far easier to just use M-box... and any interesting mods (AL/NLS, 5120 hack) don't have to be replicated to a bunch of other ECUs.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 09:47:06 AM »

A member was kind enough to send me a C-box recently, when it arrives I'll pull the bin and define the important maps. I'll post my results.

If there is something specific you need in the meantime, just let me know.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
prj

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 10:06:34 AM »

"Tuners" are able to make full use of the c-box so why can't I?

You can, if you put in some effort.
This means finding and defining the maps that you need.

There's nothing stopping you...

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
ddillenger

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 10:11:37 AM »

You can, if you put in some effort.
This means finding and defining the maps that you need.

There's nothing stopping you...

A few months ago I had the same attitude (as the OP). Now, I realize just how easy it is to find what you need once you've put in some time. For that reason I'm reluctant to provide complete xdfs. I feel as though if I do that, noone ever learns anything. On the other hand, if someone's working on one and understand what they're doing, I have no problem expediting that process. No need in doing the same work twice.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Andy P

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 12:36:07 PM »

Nyet- You're right, the only people that appear to have the knowledge on how to tune the c box also make a living out of it so I know they're not likely to hand it out to anyone.I expect and respect that.

Prj- I realise I can do the work myself, and I'm willing to if there isn't one available.There's no harm in asking in the first instance though to save a little time.
Andy P

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 12:44:03 PM »

A few months ago I had the same attitude (as the OP). Now, I realize just how easy it is to find what you need once you've put in some time. For that reason I'm reluctant to provide complete xdfs. I feel as though if I do that, noone ever learns anything. On the other hand, if someone's working on one and understand what they're doing, I have no problem expediting that process. No need in doing the same work twice.

I wouldn't say I've got the attitude of expecting everyone to just give me everything or do everything for me, perhaps I've come across that way.

I'm keen to learn, I've got previous mapping experience however with a vems stand alone which of course is a lot more user friendly with a pretty GUI. With regards to playing with oem ecu's I'm a complete noob and appreciate any info given, helpful or otherwise
ddillenger

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 12:54:26 PM »

I wouldn't say I've got the attitude of expecting everyone to just give me everything or do everything for me, perhaps I've come across that way.

I'm keen to learn, I've got previous mapping experience however with a vems stand alone which of course is a lot more user friendly with a pretty GUI. With regards to playing with oem ecu's I'm a complete noob and appreciate any info given, helpful or otherwise

Attitude, as in perspective. Attitudes can be good, bad, or indifferent. I wasn't using it as a derogatory term. Like I said, I'm willing to help you. If there is something specific you need, post. I'll find it and give you the factor and address. If you want a complete xdf, you'll have to wait until the ecu comes in as I prioritize things that are tangible.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Andy P

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 01:04:44 PM »

Thanks. I'm currently attempting to read up how I go about creating the xdf myself (using the one I have as a base). Its most likely that I'll be asking more questions however if you could give me a starting point on how I go about it - a link or tutorial on how I go about it maybe? How did you learn?

Cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: