Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I need a little help with LAMFA X axis for '032RP  (Read 5366 times)
cobblers

« on: March 22, 2015, 10:16:42 AM »

The usual method (Extract location in well defined XDF, use Beyond Compare to find the corresponding location in known .bin to my stock .bin) isn't working, I've tried three or four different XDFs and none of them seem to give me a hit.

I have the Y axis and location OK, but there's is definitely something amiss with the X.

I had initially intended to use the whole table from the Stage1 tune I bought the car with, but it looks as though columns aren't even in any kind of order

Original:

I get the feeling I'm missing something obvious, is there a different way I should be going about finding these?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 10:19:40 AM by cobblers » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 10:41:38 AM »

Pictures of map and axis attached.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
cobblers

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 11:09:18 AM »

Great, many thanks. Seems I was a notch out with the map location which is what was throwing things off to start with. May I ask for a rough explanation of how you found these?
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 02:56:16 PM »

Lamfa is super easy to spot (barring the 01 TT files that are 2x2).

It is always preceded by 0F 06, and as an 8 bit map, it jumps out.

Experience I guess.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
cobblers

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 03:36:26 PM »

Thanks!
With LAMFA sorted I'm still getting a low RPM, high load lean request.

It seems there's a delay between stamping on the pedal and the mixture following what I request in LAMFA. I don't think it's any kind of smoothing as the requested AFR stays totally flat at 14.7 for exactly 1 second then it drops hard to the 12.x I request. It's probably safe enough in normal use, but I'm getting a lot of boost overshoot so even with a conservative LXDRN I'm getting 14+PSI (12 requested) when I snap the throttle open at 3k and I'm not comfortable with that, especially at 1 lambda.

Since it's exactly 1 second, I think theres a hard coded delay, maybe TLAFA? Again, I can't flipping find it to zero it.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 03:38:35 PM by cobblers » Logged
Manu_BTS

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 02:06:43 AM »

I have TLAFA at 1s and I´m not having this problem.

In 032RP (I have the same one in my ibiza Cupra) TLAFA is at 19090 and have a 010 decimal valor in 8 bit.
cobblers

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 10:42:48 AM »

Thanks for the info.

So even with it set at 1, you don't get the delay?

I wonder if you've got some other map overriding LAMFA and adding fuel, that I haven't yet touched.
I've only modified LAMFA and LDXRN - How did you go about adding fuel?
automan001

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 02:52:50 PM »

TLAFA has to be 0 if you want instant enrichment by LAMFA.
You can also play with ZKLAMFAF and DLAMFAW
Another option of enrichment when you reach target boost (load) is KFLAMKRL
Manu_BTS

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 12:37:28 AM »

Thanks for the info.

So even with it set at 1, you don't get the delay?

I wonder if you've got some other map overriding LAMFA and adding fuel, that I haven't yet touched.
I've only modified LAMFA and LDXRN - How did you go about adding fuel?

I have TLAFA at 1 and I have less tan 0.5s delay doing some logs.

I have LAMFA as lambda target and KFLBTS as fuelling under high EGT to components protection. (a little bit richer).

If U want to disable the delay, as automan001 says, set TLAFA to 0, but this only disable the delay, not adjust your fuelling and isn´t a multiplicative factor to add fuelling...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: